Otha Peters Flips to Arkansas

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Screw top target. It doesn't take much to improve from having your team quit on you 4 times in 2 seasons.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If mere improvement is your goal, sure. If you want to rejoin the elite, you make damn sure you can make the kind of hire you need before you make the change. This kind of thinking is what got us Dooley over a Kippy Brown interim season

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think we need to look at the positive. For one, we have Cody Blanc in the house.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

There is no purpose. Dooley is getting a third year for the same reason Wade Houston got a fifth year, Buzz Peterson got a fourth year, and Phillip Fulmer was allowed to coach past the Vanderbilt loss in 2005. Our fanbase/donor group is riddled with idiots who are frightened of change and thus don't demand excellence. That allows the AD to take the easy way out and let guys fire themselves.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Was Wade just a guy that knew hoops but was way over his head as a head coach? We all know Buzz was incompetent.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's sad. When Kiffin left, the goal was to find the "anti-Kiffin". Hamilton did a damn good job there.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was always under the impression he was a guy that everyone liked but was just a terrible coach. That was really before my time though. I barely remember watching Houston's teams.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

From everyone I heard speak of him, he was a likeable guy who was scatter brained and knew [penis] about basketball.

9. hatvol96

Wade Houston had zero business ever being a head coach. He got the job because Lamar Alexander thought hiring the first black coach in a major sport in the SEC would help his bid to be POTUS and his mom had been the Alexanders' maid.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Being on Crum's staff for that long had to mean something.

By the way, not remembering the Wade Houston years did you a great service. I am scarred for life.

11. hatvol96

It meant he was a decent recruiter who knew where the bodies were buried for a program that wasn't exactly pristine. Nothing more, nothing less.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Hat, I have to say that I wish that Buzz had stuck around a bit longer and was a better coach. I was making real progress at tapping his wife......

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If I were Peters, I probably would have done the same. Petrino has 21 wins at Arky the last two years, Dooley just went 1-7 in the SEC.

Other than Kiffin's cup of coffee in 2009, this program has been depressing for a full [uck fay]ing decade. Wake me when Tennessee hires a winner.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kinda sucks to change a few hours before signing day after being committed for months.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

We lead for C. Patterson? It's out there.

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

No doubt about that, but I've come to expect it. Tennessee losing to Florida and recruits reneging on verbal commitments is the new death and taxes.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

JT5 is not a true fan or a Vol for Life.

Could be an interesting evening discussion where we make another coaching target list for the October search.

18. hatvol96

I would give a shit about that if the SEC was going to decide its champion with a series of 7 on 7 games next year.

IP likes this.
  19. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

We would win the damn conference if this was the case.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

So true, Hat. Any average college receiver looks pretty good when safeties are having to play inside the box and cb's cheating over to stop the run.