Otha Peters Flips to Arkansas

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 31, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

There's more evidence that says he can't get it done than says he can at this time.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Well this is certainly true. The questions are what degree of certainty do you need to go ahead and bite a 5 million dollar bullet, and do you have that yet?

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I wasn't advocating firing him now. I wouldn't have minded if he weren't allowed on the bus for the return trip from Lexington, but now is not the time. He has this year to show marked improvement. If not, see ya; 5 million or not.

Speaking of the KY game, I read the GVX article about how that game haunts Dools every day. From his reaction immediately after the game, I really feel that he had no clue the shitstorm that loss would generate. I'm not saying he didn't care that we lost, mind you. I am saying that he was clueless about the level of anger that losing to a suck team that we had beaten for 26 years straight would generate. The excuses and the almost nonchalant attitude in the post game press conference left me feeling that way. It is only after he realized the true level of anger from a good portion of the fans that he came up with the haunting loss schtick. That whole episode solidified my belief that Dooley is nothing more than a snake oil salesman- a bullshit artist that thinks that he is always the smartest guy in the room and can talk his way out of anything. I don't want him to fail because that means my University fails. However, I have little to no respect for the guy or his prickish narcissistic attitude.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

No, I gotcha, and I agree with this part. I don't really have the personal problems with him, but as a coach. . . he has this year and he had better show something.