Our Future Three Permanent SEC Opponents

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by ole_orange, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The bammer grievance is hilarious (and expected).

This Vol geezer would laff out loud if they went to B1G <insert whatever number it is>.

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Things have gotten real for Saban and Alabama in a very quick way. They aren't going to be able to manage once they remember how the other half lives. And don't kid yourselves boyos, it's coming this fall.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't think Big 10 taking them is as much a slam dunk as they think. Better hurry if they do go thought route. If they slide backwards too far and slip behind little brother, all they'll have to offer is the third largest TV market in bammer.

Edit: To clarify, the Big 10 would take them with little doubt because of their name today. If young Butch Jones and [ddiapos] are hired to replace the outgoing Rich Rod who, in an alternate timeline gets his wife high and convinces her that Tuscaloosa isn't a crap hole, takes the job instead of turning it down paving the way for Saban to escape Miami back several years ago, there is a lot more negotiating to their entry.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

The more I’ve thought about the Tommy Rees hire the more it makes sense. They are not going to have the pieces to do what they’ve done the past 5 years on offense. Saban is at the end and betting he can turn back the clock, it’s sort of hard to imagine the fall because they’ve been on top for so long, but I really do think this will be their worst team since 2010.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I want to keep picking the scab that is Bama. I want to beat their azz next year and watch them lose 2 or 3 games until they implode. A slow death of erosion is an acceptable alternative to an immediate crash. (But I will gladly take either.)

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Up until Saban got to Bama, the Third Saturday was relatively evened out. I'd like to get back to that place, someday. I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.

7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yep. I want to get back to the space where nobody looks forward playing Tennessee.

Tar Volon likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was a series of streaks, for the most part

TDVol1989, ole_orange and warhammer like this.
  9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Only problem is our streaks are always shorter than the ones they hang on us historically. Which sucks because pre-Saban I believe the overall series only favored them by 4 games or so. Sooner rather than later in our lifetimes we need to shatter the 7 games in a row streak Fulmer's program had going over them. We owe them a double digit generation spanning streak of misery.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Bama should play Mississippi State—they’re the closest campuses in the dang conference. And us and Auburn.

justingroves likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

warhammer and utvol0427 like this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

How fast will the league bend over for him

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I at least appreciate some character development, as the guy who notoriously stepped over an injured player now suddenly cares so much about player safety

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think I'm most disappointed Kiffin hasn't fired off a smart-assed tweet about it yet.

Memtownvol and warhammer like this.
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I was thinking about how funny it would be if they swapped LSU for Mississippi, and he had to face Lane and Heupel.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Whatever Nick.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's not necessarily wrong but he makes over 10 million a year. The NIL is going to play less of a factor as time goes on because NFL contracts are worth a lot

19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yep.

An old man, who is pizzed that his costs have gone up and the bammer college bag-o-cash is not a competitive recruiting edge.

They no longer control the pay scale. Now top players have options other than living in Alabama for 3/4 years.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Saban doesn't care about players being paid. Saban cares about the absolute control over the players on his roster and his recruiting advantage as a close second in that order, jmo.