OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my sister in law's mother had a govt pension and took the lump sum and paid the taxes. she also took early social security. keep in mind they are not wealthy. they decided to do this at a "family meeting." no one thought to consult a financial adviser or accountant of course. they told me this and i just sat there with my mouth open. it was hard to not be like "WTF WERE YOU THINKING?"

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Do you ever help people fake their own deaths?

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Asking for a friend?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Think it would be a funny gag. I'll show up at the funeral and be like "gotcha!"

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, this was like September. That was my first thought too.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah if they didn't cash the check they might have had a case for an extension, but that's out the window.

7. CardinalVol

Update -

Other that a new record for f-bombs dropped by a client during a conversation, telling him how much he owed went well!

8. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Snowed the entire way from Bristol to Boonsboro Maryland and not one flake stuck on the ground. Damndest thing.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

[uck fay]ing snow

zehr27 and CardinalVol like this.
  10. NorrisAlan

Love having sons in the Boy Scouts. I get to live vicariously through their scouting (well, not vicariously, because I am going with them as an assistant Scout Master).

Heading out Thursday for four days on Cumberland Island off of the coast of Georgia. Stayed in a cave weekend before last.

Going canoeing in April, then taking a week long trip around Virginia/DC.

I have no idea why I didn't do this stuff when I was a kid.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I hope they continue and become Eagle Scouts.

justingroves likes this.
  12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I got my Eagle Scout, but we didn't do nearly that much when I was in scouts

13. NorrisAlan

As do I. My oldest is about to get his 1st class. Youngest just entered the scouts (he is 11) and will be getting his Scout rank after this trip most likely.

My oldest has the drive of a slug. Just happy to sit there and watch the world go by and I have to stay on him to pack, prepare, etc. So I worry that he will just peter out.

My youngest is already packed for this trip, looking at his scout book, ready to go.

14. NorrisAlan

My sons are very, VERY fortunate in that we have a Scout Master that strongly believes in outings. We have at least one a month, and not just go into the Commons and pick up trash outings (though we have those).

Canoeing down the Suwanee River. Spending the night on the Yorktown Aircraft carrier (or this year, the USS Alabama battleship). Caving. Camping. Hiking.

I enjoy it more than the kids, probably!

15. CardinalVol

Exhibit A not not be an eagle scout.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That eagle scout card is right behind my driver's license just in case I ever get pulled over

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Sheesh, can't hide money up in here. My parents idea of me being in boy scouts consisted of being given a pocket knife so I could clean fish when we camped on the river for vacation. I got to keep the knife though.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Exhibit B checking in. Was specifically called an embarrassment to the organization due to bad sportsmanship. But when you have a years long streak of mercy rule victories what are you supposed to do? Act humble?

CardinalVol likes this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm now 3-3 in buying Jason Isbell tickets and then having something come up that I can't get out of. If anybody is interested in a pair of tickets, PM me. Show is May 9 at the Tennessee Theatre. Nudes will automatically disqualify you from consideration.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If you give them to me for free, I'll go and Facetime you the whole show.