OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Gall isnt elective and its a quick outpatient surgery. Total joints, sports med, plastic surg, etc are considered elective.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Well, the surgeon called my wife while she was on the way to the appointment to tell her they aren't taking any appointments even though they scheduled the appointment yesterday afternoon for 10:30 this morning. All gall bladder surgeries are considered elective at this time and they will not even consider scheduling surgeries for 3-5 months. Basically told her to keep taking her medication and good luck.

Good times.

3. Ssmiff

I wrongly assumed, like if it were an appendix, if rupture is possible, they would want it out and not risk complications. Gall bladder rupture isnt too common but when it does happen, its bad news.
    Id consider skipping him and going straight to ER with any hint of trouble. What a mess and already stressful time

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, we will likely end up having to make a trip to the ER as she can't function because it's causing so much discomfort.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This in Tennessee?

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yep. UT Hospital.

Edit: Apparently just went into effect on Monday. My wife is number 9 on the list for removal once they decide to start doing the procedure again.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

https://publications.tnsosfiles.com/pub/execorders/exec-orders-lee18.pdf

Here’s the relevant part:

All hospitals and surgical outpatient facilities in the State of Tennessee shall not perform non-essential procedures, which includes any medical procedure that is not necessary to address a medical emergency or to preserve the health and safety of a patient, as determined by a licensed medical provider. All hospitals and freestanding surgical outpatient facilities must postpone through the expiration of this Order, at a minimum, joint replacement, bariatric surgery, and cosmetic surgery, except for emergency or trauma-related surgery where postponement would significantly impact the health, safety, or welfare of the patient. Medical procedures excluded from postponement include, but are not limited to, surgeries related to advanced cardiovascular disease (including coronary artery disease, heart failure, and arrhythmias) that would prolong life; oncological testing, treatment, and related procedures; pregnancy-related visits and procedures, including labor and delivery; organ transplantation; procedures related to dialysis; and emergency or trauma-related procedures where postponement would significantly impact the health, safety, and welfare of the patient.

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You are likely in some part getting screwed by dozens of patients before you exaggerating their symptoms, straight up lying, and claiming, “but I haven’t had any symptoms!”.

I’ve run across a few people the last week that have selfishly tried to pass off minor inconveniences as emergencies.

IP likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Are you saying my hangnail that is causing me some minor discomfort isn't important?

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If you ask me, the hangnail is significant. Those hemorrhoids from sitting looking at memes and gifs all day are the minor inconvenience.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

NYY has taken care of any hemorrhoidal issues I have ever had. I don't even think I can get them anymore.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When my wife was pregnant with our first, she had a bug and threw up for three days. Her doctor recommended getting an IV due to being 6 months pregnant. Go to the ER, she said and you'll be sent up to the baby floor and get the IV quickly. It was a cluster[uck fay]. Apparently, at Vandy, you have to be 7 months pregnant to get rushed through. We sat in the ER from 3 pm to 12:45 am.

We watched a chain smoking 60 year old woman [itch bay] and complain between trips outside to smoke yell "chest pain!" so she could be seen. A heroin addict going through withdrawal was seen before us. A drunk woman with a busted nose was seen before us.

When we left, before being seen, I told the woman to write my name and social security number down so if I ever get wheeled in there on a stretcher they could take me outside to die in the parking lot.

We went to Centennial and was seen immediately.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Tell her to rub some dirt on it and get back out there, pansy.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That's what you get for going to Vandy.

IP, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The last two were born at Centennial. My mom worked in the children's hospital at Vandy for 22 years, so I just went there because why not.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I prefer the "suck it up buttercup" approach.

17. Ssmiff

Wouldnt be surprised if i knew your mom somehow if she was a nurse. I was in medical center east at vanderbilt for a few years in pediatric cases 3 days a week. Mainly oral surgery or cranial surgeries.
    When the soft spot on top of a babys head closes to early, surgeons have to go in, break up the cranium and put it back together. You have probably seen little ones with helmets who are post op. The first part of the surgery is an ear to ear incision and they pull the babys face down like its a movie scene. Unreal

justingroves and IP like this.
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You need a filter.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

She wasn't a nurse, she did EKGs in the children's cardiology wing

Ssmiff likes this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Mine was described by the surgeon as a becoming-necrotic hacky-sack. >100 stones, largest at 1.2 mm in diameter