OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Update - the meeting is actually going well. I'm impressed.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That’s where I had mine out. Went great. My wife too. Same surgeon

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Had to go meet with the orthodontist today about braces for the kids. Originally, the kids and wife were supposed to go too, but we talked them down from it. The following just about summer up my feelings:
    0dbbaa0c-7b63-484a-a872-e4ef703de9d4.gif

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

People are dumb 99% of the time in waiting rooms.

Right as all this was starting, I took my son to the doctor because he had strep. His doctor has waiting rooms split into two separate rooms (well room and sick room). We are the first people there that morning and go in and sit down in the sick room. Not 5 minutes later a mom with her two kids come into the sick room with approximately 25 other seats empty and sit one empty seat away from us. I didn't want them to sit that close, not because of the coronavirus, but because one of her two kids was visibly sick. I understand having to sit close when it is crowded, but they could have easily sat 15+ feet away without issue and chose the seats a foot away. It happens often there.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This place has two necessarily small waiting rooms including the dentist's office that is attached. There were three others in the room. A man and his son sit on one edge of the C-shaped array of seats. A lady sat at the other end of the C, and I sat in the middle. We were well over the 1.5-meter mandated distance.

Now those idiots buying groceries yesterday, that's another story.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Remember the balloon boy hoax?

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Real or fake, it's interesting.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Of real, those objects are freaking huge and moving at incredible speeds.

Surely fake, but awesome work.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

This guy just so happened to zoom into the moon to see these objects which have to be the size of a large city?

10. CardinalVol

Dear God this is great.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think any formal naval member could tell you, that Venezuelan vessel is literally cosplaying at being a true warship. It's clearly not, but it is painted and constructed to look like one. Very embarrassing. Just be a patrol ship, no need to pretend.

EDIT: and as I read on, I see the person you are quoting points this out too.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean, that thing couldn't handle the North Atlantic weather.

13. CardinalVol

I just love that the idiot tries to ram it and sinks his own ship.

14. NorrisAlan

Family and I watched the ISS go across the sky tonight. Will say this, the isolation has been kind of nice at keeping the family together for a little while, and I have enjoyed it.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Havent been outside with the boys or played games like we have been, in many years. Wife gave in to ping pong setup at kitchen table so we have had a tourney every night, and my soph in college has been home.

Attached Files:

kmf600, warhammer and utvol0427 like this.
  16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Working from home for the first time today (at this job anyway). I ran out of things to do at the deserted office including getting an older, less tech savvy coworker set up to work from home. I'll have to go back for a day or two next week, but it looks like I am sidelined. At least the work laptop does not have a camera, so my appearance matters none.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I've worked 20 days in a row now, probably saving our marriage. This is the start of the wife's 4th week home, she's like a caged animal right now.

justingroves likes this.
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Well, working from home lasted a whole day. Tomorrow I get to go in and do the hands on portion of a train the trainer session for respirator fit testers, medical personnel. Yea me! If rubbing alcohol wasn't rationed, I'd buy enough to bathe in.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Had the joy of spreading 14 tons of creek rock around the house today.

20. NorrisAlan

Nothing in my whole life has frustrated me like learning to play an instrument. I started learning to play the flute January of 2019, and here it is a year and 3 months later and I still suck. I struggle with rhythm, reading the music and getting my fingers and breath to do the right things.

Has anyone else tried learning music late in life (I am 50 now), and if so, did it ever just click one day for you? I worry I will never get this thing working right.