OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've been learning/playing guitar for over 30 years, and I suck. I'm better than a lot of folks. I play in the church band and am even better than some folks with more natural talent, but I still suck. I own seven (I think) guitars, and I suck almost equally on each one. I'll quit when I die, and I'll probably suck then too.

kmf600, CardinalVol, IP and 1 other person like this.
  2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

You're your own worst critic. But if you enjoy playing and people don't throw things at you when you do, you must be doing something right.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You probably get laid at ten times the rate of non-guitar playing guys.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Being married for 20 years kind of evens out that score.

kmf600 likes this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I recorded a video of me playing as an exercise to get an idea of what it would be like to record a worship music video for broadcast with words that followed along as part of a overall livestream service. Germany has currently banned assembly of more than two individuals from different households, so it would necessarily be prerecorded. I can be too hard on myself. Other than one mistake because I was in a rush and not so familiar with the song, my playing didn't sound half bad. My voice was another topic. I'm blaming the camera mic for that...

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Went and caught a big stringer full of pan fish today after cutting a few down trees up.

This cold front coming through is going to suck after getting use to upper 70’s

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Is there not a severe weather AND a fishing thread already?

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

This is the overflow of both

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The Smuckers premade PBJ sandwiches aren't bad at all!

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Anyone have any tips on finding a septic tank that you know the general location of (as in "I know it is in my side yard") but no clue as to where it is actually located?

House was built in the 1950s and I cannot find a record of where the septic was located.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Flush as many paper towels and tampons as you can. It’ll let you know where it is soon enough.

CardinalVol likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

Hoping to avoid that, thank you. Anyone else?

InVolNerable likes this.
  13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Crawl under the house and find the line and see where it exits. That will at least give you the direction to start your treasure hunt

14. NorrisAlan

Is the only method getting a shovel and start digging? How will I know when I have dug deep enough to know "it isn't here."?

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Generally they’re not very covered up. Two or so feet at most

kmf600, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’d measure 15-20 feet from the foundation and start there too

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Call a plumber with a camera and a locator. They can run it right out of the sewer to the septic and tell you location and depth.

If I lived in your part of Tennessee I would do it

18. NorrisAlan

I have a strong aversion to spending money! I might just do that, though. The thought of digging and digging and digging and digging around here gives me a back ache just thinking about it.

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You gotta weigh the opportunity costs vs immediate explicit ones here. You could spend a ~couple hundred to have someone come out and pinpoint it for you within an hour probably. Then spend the rest of the day practicing flute, or iron working with your kids.

Or you could spend hours digging yourself, risk possibly puncturing it, then end up spending a couple hundred anyways on doctor visits for a thrown out back. And not be able to do the things you enjoy because you’re sore af.

Or you might strike it lucky and locate it on your first dig and save all the monies.

20. NorrisAlan

I am a Tennessee Football fan. We all know how this turns out.

I start digging and digging, finding piping every now and then, but never quite finding the septic tank. Meanwhile, my neighbor, some how, some way, lucked out and built his house on the one lot that has sewer access on my street. So he is partying and having a good time, watching me sweat my ass off for little gain. Finally, I call in an expert, he charges me $1000 to find it only to show I am looking on the wrong side of the house and piping I found was all shit pipe left over from the previous house on this lot.

So I start digging and digging again in the spot I hope is the right place, find the tank, break through and land in the septic tank. I am dragged out in time, taken to the hospital where I catch COVID-19. During my three week ICU visit that is costing me $10,000 a night, my wife leaves me for my neighbor with the sewer hook up and parties, takes half my stuff and my dog, my two kids and when I get home, laughs at me as I am having a brand new septic installed.

justingroves and InVolNerable like this.