OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

At least I wasn't bullied by Will Wade in HS

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

ugh. Squirrel chewed through the high pressure fuel line on my car. And surprise surprise, you need special tools to get the damn thing off the car, and the disconnect is way down between the motor and the firewall.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Wow. That sucks.

Now I'm less mad at them for gnawing on a garden hose I had out.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am sorry. Was a beautiful boy. Truly sux.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You’ve got some weird hang up on me saying he was a nice guy in HS, to the point that you’re completely making things up.

6. Ssmiff

Made up as much as the loyalty to Dooley and butch you mention? Don't dish if you can't take.
    I cancelled my season tix after the UF game under butch, so it must be some weird version of loyalty you speak of.

7. InVolNerable

Lol, I can take it just fine. You’re probably not the best person to try to rely on that, being that your emotional fortitude is the equivalent to Gottron Sydrome.

After which UF game? Year 5? Don’t try to rewrite history because you’re embarrassed you carried their water for so long.

8. Ssmiff

Nothing to rewrite. 10-0 up on UF, ending 3rd quarter with the ball, instead of running on 2nd and short and going into 4th with 3rd and short and ball and UF deflated, we call a long developing pass play, sack, turnover and JG type momentum change. I left then, knew what was coming and cancelled my season tix the next morning. Much more of a statement than just [itch bay]ing about it on a website.
    I do like beating UF and Ga 2 times in a row, no matter who the coach is. Sue me.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Quick update on my son:

Apparently, he's a bad ass. Still in NICU, but looking like he will leave on Wednesday assuming the EEG on Monday and MRI on Tuesday don't show anything unexpected. Heading towards an 8 day stay when they told us 2-3 weeks as an absolute best case scenario. He shows zero outward signs of any issues and, as of today, will be off of all IVs, supplements, machines, etc.

We also have a better idea of what happened. He was delivered via emergency c-section and was quite literally dead. No signs of life. After a shot of epinephrine and prolonged reviving efforts they were able to bring him back and get him somewhat stabilized for transport. He was diagnosed with a severe case of HIE. His first blood gas test results were basically "incompatible with life". Yesterday, I talked to the NP that worked on him after delivery and during transport and she said she did not expect him to make it to Children's Hospital alive. She said she's never seen a child make a turnaround like he did in 4 days.

This has been a crazy experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone and we still aren't 100% out of the woods yet, but it's been amazing to watch him recover. Children's Hospital has been amazing and the hypothermia therapy they applied immediately was life altering for him.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also, talked to a doctor today that examined him on arrival at Children's and he said there is no explanation to how he has recovered. He said nothing they did could have taken him from where he was to where he is today.

justingroves likes this.
  11. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Faith

12. Ssmiff

well wishes via the 'net, obviously. We are few, but strong

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The josh fight is one of the funnier things I've seen in a while.

14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Dude... I’m 55 years old and the hardest thing I ever had to do was make the decision to put our 15 year old dog down about 8 years ago now. I cried like a damn baby.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Another update:

Perfectly normal EEG. No abnormalities.

Wild.

droski, warhammer, zehr27 and 7 others like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they arrive with all their pieces in the right place and receive love and care, babies are more resilient than we give them credit for.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. InVolNerable

Seems sexist.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

definitely ageist

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Aaaaaand....the MRI results are normal as well. Perfectly healthy baby with no issues. Still hard for me to believe after the baby I saw a week ago.

NYY, warhammer, CardinalVol and 3 others like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am so happy for you and your family. So happy.