OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's because there is no planning. it's the ultimate seller's market where the end user is irrelevant.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

One of my favorite books growing up was Invisible Horizons by Vincent Gaddis

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oh look.

My AC went out.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Ouch. Been there.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Me too. $10K later hoping my other, that is the same age as the one that went out, hangs in there. I did not realize that R22 is not used anymore.

6. NorrisAlan

Yep. And guess what my unit uses...

That said, I think it is the fan for the compressor unit. Wasn't turning and was hot to the touch. letting it cool down and hoping it comes back to life long enough to cool the house for the night.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

R22 is still available. Not being produced or imported but some have stockpiles. Just need to know how to recharge.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The thing about R22 is that the coolant shouldn't leak out. It's a closed system.

So at best, a shot of R22 is just a bit of a lifeline. If it's leaked out, there is a hole somewhere.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, it is recyclable.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I got back from vacation Saturday to no AC. Luckily, we have a sunroom with its own heat/air unit, so we are all staying in there until we get a new unit.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Mine went out yesterday, someone was supposed to have been here by now to look at it, but alas they are not. I’m not happy

12. NorrisAlan

Turned it back on.

SCEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Please bow your heads.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don’t think my compressor is even kicking on.

I know nothing about AC units so I have no idea what that means.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I should correct myself. I know for certain the compressor isn’t coming on.

It didn’t freeze over. The fan on the unit outside was still working so I’m assuming there’s power to it

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We replaced both our units last fall. What a pain in the ass.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We just had to have freon topped off. Could be an issue for some of you if you have issues. Upstairs wouldnt get below 74 when temps were in 80s. Thought it was toast

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Appears to be a capacitor, thank god

zehr27 and fl0at_ like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

The thermostat is at 74, but downstairs it can't be more than 70 and upstairs it stays about 76. But I keep tropical fish upstairs so it's all good.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

We are going to replace soon, but I needed it fixed now because I obviously can’t go weeks in a Tennessee summer without AC while I’m waiting to get a new system installed.

Guy that did the work sold my wife on the concept of the mini split I want for my upstairs man cave/office without me even bringing it up.

The man deserves a raise

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Adam West -

[​IMG]

IP likes this.