OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

so I have a predicament. Evidently a little kitten is living in a space under a patio/deck. I don't really like cats and don't want one, but we over the years seem to have been a haven to some crazy animal stuff living by the woods and I have a very soft spot for all animals. Son put a bowl of milk out. I don't want our dogs to get her, but also don't want to call some pet patrol or whatever and it end up scared then dead. Better just to be out in the wild and die, imo, than trapped, scared then die. No guarantee it would be adopted.
    Then, wife brought up since Rambo the Rat that was living a solitary life in the garage, and other areas unfortunately that led to his ultimate demise as he left me no choice, took care of any mouse issue, and maybe this kitten can help with whatever tries to get in the house or live off chipmunks.
    I'm trying to get my son to partner with me and do the artwork on a kids book called Rambo the Rat. That dude was ridiculous. Will have to change the end though as in real life, Rambo got in a space and tapped an old AC water line sitting 9 inches above a rail, which led to a basement ceiling repair due to water damage, which then led to me having to poison him. I, nor 3 companies, succeeded in trapping. He would keep 1 toe out of any trap while stretching for food, then turn around with the food and eat it in front of the camera

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd like the gritty true story.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

A wild cat on Kentucky day? Universe sending you signs?

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Non-native invasive species. I'd go with a .22 caliber solution, and what does the rat have to do with the cat? Did you get hurt again and take too much painkiller?

VolDad likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Rambo solved a mouse issue. Rambo actually pulled a mouse off a sticky trap and took it as a trophy..
    Cat may help keep a few mice out.
    We have had deer, owl, snakes, possum, gopher, dove, raccoon, deer, fox, wild turkeys, lizards, tree frogs, bullfrog, moles, rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels, skunks, a red tail hawk who owns the territory, a monster rat and now a cat in my yard. Same as anybody near the woods. It is kindof like dr Doolittle though. We've seen some weird stuff.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have snakes. My neighbors hate snakes and kill them on sight, so they hang out in my yard/wooded area. Have foxes too. Haven't seen anything weird.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, and chipmunks.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Well, at least I got a laugh out of the image of a pack of house cats working to take down a deer in my head from reading this.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I got crawdads, they're a pain in the ass.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

What do they do?

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Little mounds of dirt everywhere

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Not just little mounds of dirt. Packed wet clay that flies all over you sticking to you when you hit them with the weed eater

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

These were everywhere in my old yard in south knoxville. (not my picture, of course)

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Have you tried eating them with butter?

VolDad likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When I catch them, yes. After a rain, my front yard has about 10 raccoons that kill the hell out of them

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

When we lived in Idaho as a kid (where I was born), we'd catch crawdads as large as a man's hand by the dozens by a big hydroelectric dam and in irrigation canals, then boil them up. People in the Pacific Northwest at that time acted like we might as well been eating bugs. We had them all to ourselves.

justingroves likes this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I mean, they were not wrong.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

the ones around here in East Tennessee don't get big enough on average to be worth collecting to eat

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that's true. Apparently there are many species in North America, with some being endemic to only a particular watershed. And the Mid South ones are pretty scrawny.

justingroves likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Small client came in on Tuesday.

1. Asks if I can write a comfort letter for her business. (I cannot and will not.)
    2. Asks if I know of any small business grants for her business. I don't but say I'll look into it and get back with her, thinking when I have some downtime I'll research.
    3. She calls this morning before 8:30 and leaves a voice mail, sounding annoyed that I've not gotten back to her about #2.