OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's a good one.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I felt really stupid

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I use steal, 10x better

fl0at_ likes this.
  4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Slate will always reign.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Least, jmo

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

8. CardinalVol

9. fl0at_

That's fun. The intro was out there (as if end of human life not being end of earth is a mere technicality with regards to greenhouses).

The best is vacuum energy, because I guess in theory the tests could, by accident, result in an uncontrolled release. I don't know anything about vacuum energy, so it currently sounds like make believe.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

My thought was you'd think we'd observe something by chance out in space, but I guess maybe we have and just don't realize it.

11. fl0at_

We've observed a biggish, kinda bangish, thing. Maybe it was someone's light bulb...

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. CardinalVol

I'm a fan of the microscopic black hole.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The author says "never before in history..." but that is not really supportable. Not in the era of recorded music, sure. But prior to records? When everything was live? What the author sees as the norm may be actually the phenomenon. Perhaps pop culture has now adjusted to the invention of recording, over a century later. Or perhaps this has more to do with the centralization of culture and entertainment in general, where there is less of a "local scene" than ever, or the access to media of any type at any time is wider than could even be consumed. When a new song came on the radio or out in decades prior, it was a NEW song. New! I can find infinite new songs at any moment on youtube or elsewhere that I never heard. So the novelty of "new" has no novelty.

Just some thoughts.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And when my kids hear Back in Black while watching Iron Man or some great songs while watching Guardians of the Galaxy or playing Call of Duty or Fallout, it IS new. To them.

And there is plenty of new music out there, it just isn't digested the same way as when we were growing up.

justingroves likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

Maybe older music is just preferable to new music?

If you listen to current top 40 radio, every song is the flipping same. Moreso if it's country it seems. You use assembly line music, don't be shocked when people get tired of it.

justingroves and Joseph Brant like this.
  17. CardinalVol

My son's favorite song.

He hates most new music. Granted I may have greatly influenced that.

justingroves likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

I always want to say this, too, but in reality, pop music has always been cookie cutter to the times. All disco sounds the same, all synthpop sounds the same, etc.

19. NorrisAlan

As have I. My youngest is deep into New Orleans Jazz at the moment.

20. CardinalVol

I have considered this as well. Maybe that's why I have never truly cares for discoesque stuff. That said, I think it's worse now than ever before.