OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Advent of autotune also hurts, I believe. It makes it too easy to slam out a pop factory. And analytics. It ruins everything it touches in entertainment and sports.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As always, analytics is good................up to a point. Agree on autotune though.

There's some Oliva Rodrigo song that sounds like the Perry the Platypus/Dr. Doof aerobics song IMO. Drives my wife and daughter crazy when I point that out.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’d argue now is probably the best time ever for music.

Like everything else it’s decentralized and you have to find it, but there’s so much good stuff out there right now due to the internet and being able to get around the gate keepers to the mainstream.

The radio is getting worse though outside of a handful of few artist. It’s all cookie cutter bullshit that will sell to kids and women

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

This, access to music is much better, for those who chose to dig a bit.

Was reading a book on the Red Dirt scene around the turn of the century and folks like Ragweed and Boland et al got a push that got them heard due to Napster, where they'd likely have been regional acts who ended up having "real jobs" otherwise. That effect has only snowballed.

justingroves and Volst53 like this.
  5. cpninja

cpninja Member

Bandcamp alone consistently delivers good music way more often than the radio ever has imo. Not even counting that there are tons of places on the internet constantly surfacing new artists and new albums that arent quite mainstream but are on Spotify or Apple Music or whatever.

People will always like the nostalgia and "good ole classics" and that's what will play in stores or in movies because it's safer bet than trying new sounds. But there has never been a better time to find new music than the last 5-10 years on the internet

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    InVolNerable likes this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Maybe I’m get off my lawn-ing but I feel like new music, especially the pop stuff, is just designed to be consumed and thrown away. Like a Snickers bar.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

This is true, too, I just feel like the ability of those that deserve it (in my opinion, as the gatekeeper to what is good music) to get recognition for actually making good music is greatly diminished

IP likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

So going back and restarted the Murdaugh podcasts.

The dispatcher for the boat crash might be one of the dumbest people on earth.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah she definitely wasn’t uh…very much help.

There was a 20/20 on the whole thing last Friday with the podcast host. Only TV show she’s done.

10. CardinalVol

Currently up through the hospital.

.286 BAC basically 3 hours after the wreck happened is....................impressive.

11. CardinalVol

Mandy Matney does a fantastic job of being arrogant about what she does with woe is me this is so hard and taxing.

12. CardinalVol

Pretty much convinced that the Murdaugh family had a hand in the deaths of Kennedy, Elvis, Tupac, and Epstein.

Joseph Brant and VolDad like this.
  13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It’s pretty incredible how big his criminal network is.

Also, if I was her, and knew my work was taking these mother [uck fay]ing pieces of shit down, I’d be arrogant too.

Plus I think she also knows the Murdaugh side is listening to her podcast and she’s speaking directly to them with some of those shots.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I finally decided to sit in line at the new Whataburger near us, and boy was I not disappointed

Dr Pepper Milkshake is legit y’all

15. JohnnyQuickkick

I had it in Dallas right after I watched us get Sister Jean’d. I might need to try it in another frame of mind

16. CardinalVol

Growing weary of fertility tests and murder mystery game commercials though.

17. CardinalVol

I also wonder how many death threats she's gotten. I'm on like episode 10 so there's a lot I'll still learn, but I wonder how deep this really goes.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It really makes you wonder, these things.

19. CardinalVol

I have found myself wondering what the line is between investigative journalism and being a mouthpiece for a side is though. I don't even know if there is one or what it means, but it's just something that crossed my mind as the tone of these changed a lot after her month or so break between episodes 6 and 7.

20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I have over 200+ vinyl records (70's ->) and old school audio system (turntable, receiver, etc.) set up in the upstairs den/video game room. The grandkids enjoy listening to the "old" music. The girls, both, had asked for "record players" and are into vinyl.

CitrusCo.Vol and fl0at_ like this.