OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I just never carry cash, haven't in years.

VolDad likes this.
  2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Only time I carry cash is the time it takes to get from an ATM to a gas station for lottery tickets.

justingroves and Poppa T like this.
  3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I will always ask any local guy doing work for me, after they give me a quote, "How much if I pay cash?" The price always goes down.

The local farmer vegetable stands only take cash.

I always carry at least $20, just in case.

zehr27, CitrusCo.Vol and justingroves like this.
  4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I like watching the LLWS. Tennessee (Nolensville) is whipping up on Utah.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I keep a 100 bill in my wallet at all times, just because I may need it

Poppa T likes this.
  6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Shit happens. And at times, only cash money will get you out of it (at least where I live).

justingroves likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

So glad I have boys. I'm at the ACHS football game, and let's just say if my daughter dressed like these girls, I would be in fist fights.

VolDad and justingroves like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i can’t believe the short shorts or the ones pulled up to the sternum with cheeks hanging out. I would not do well with daughters who dress that way.

justingroves likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

Ass crease is definitely in fashion this year.

10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

And in my youth, we thought miniskirts and no bra tank tops were cool. The ass-crease fashion has taken things to a whole 'nuther level.

11. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Until next week I will have worked with the general public for 7 years. When I was a cable cowboy I tipped a lot because I was usually drunk and liked talking to people. Some years in big box sales have made me tip from understanding the war. Now going to a construction oriented sales gig I'll likely stay between 20 and 25.

Had a shit experince in JC Wild Wing last weekend, 0% servers fault. It was a Lions led by Donkeys situation, not my waitresses fault that every other aspect sucked.

Poppa T and IP like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we'd be better off without tipping, but it would mean increasing the base pay for those kinds of jobs and it will hurt other jobs that are paying minimum wage... but what is the point of human labor if it doesn't support the cost to exist?

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

My 15 yr old is working Friday and Saturday nights, so there’s not much socially for him, hanging with friends, football games etc. I told him he didn’t have to keep working with school and sports stuff during the week, but he’s cool with it. Said he wants to pay for his own gaming pc and system. He’s going to be really proud of himself when he makes that purchase.

Poppa T likes this.
  14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I remember the day our son said to me. "Dad, I wanted to let you know, I am officially off the dole."

One of my concerns as a parent was did I prepare my kids so they would be good people, on their own and happy. They are and I feel good.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

My parents separately said something similar, about taking some amount of pride in knowing all of their children are working and contributing.

Ssmiff likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

17. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

InVolNerable likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I want that guy in the #22 Florida jersey to have a tough football year. I want him to come to the point of burning that jersey.

justingroves likes this.
  19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That guy throwing windmills. Dangerous game when you fight like that out in public anymore. You never know when some rando has some training

InVolNerable and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

it also goes to show just how much people REALLY don't want to fight, not for real. It isn't in our nature. A lot of posturing, slaps and other things. A solid straight jab would have taken out half these jokers.