OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We kicked their tea into the harbor, [uck fay] em

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

When you look at many cases, nations that fell under the British Empire achieved a level of success that while not nessecarily great is definitely above their peers. Let's look at Kenya or Botswana or Malaysia, compared to the other states which were former colonies.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Except for recent problems, the African nation with the greatest success was the one never colonized- Ethiopia.

I don't buy the idea that colonization increased success for the colonized. It just made their lives and cultures appear more familiar to western eyes and more centralized.

And that can be good, but not when no one is consenting to it

InVolNerable likes this.
  5. Joseph Brant

Western doctrine did the trick in Ukraine. Pretty impressive.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like there are en masse surrenders now. Surely it's going to end soon.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

[​IMG]

IP likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oh, no no no no....

Has Boaty McBoatface not taught them anything? And this is infinitely worse.

VolDad and InVolNerable like this.
  9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am back to refreshing my Reddit- Ukraine page every 15 minutes like I was at the beginning.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

NYY does Uranus

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was sobering to read US military intel folks cautioning about Russia lashing out on civilians and infrastructure, as that is what they did in Syria when their back gets against the wall. Could get ugly if they can't win conventionally.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

In honor of KidB...

13ALL5-D33P Probe

VolDad likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not nearly enough 3's, you have failed him.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Expedition Uranus

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Neat fact, in Mass Effect 2 if you send a probe to Uranus EDI goes “probing Uranus…..really, Shepard?”

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Enterprise

Hunting Klingons around Uranus

InVolNerable likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

speaking of, you should watch idiot abroad. Can be pretty funny. Ricky Gervais found this awkward and kind of funny guy, and they send him random places where he stays in a dump, has no help and tries to figure stuff out. He never knows where hes being sent until on the way.

gcbvol likes this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Suppository 13

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So I got my son a car today, I cannot believe the prices. A Honda Civic, a few years old and 80k miles is 20k. Went with a Cherokee with 75k miles.

gcbvol and VolDad like this.
  20. Joseph Brant

My biggest concern is how long this carries on before someone whacks Vlad. Lots of "Attack NATO" and "Full Mobilization" quotes out there.

Also kind of sad that the Communist party of Russia is calling for full mobilization, believing that an army of conscripts has any place on the modern battlefield. Especially after the 1st Guards Tank Army was destroyed in detail.