Pacquiao-Mayweather, May 2nd, 2015 - Las Vegas, NV

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Jan 14, 2015.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Money May wins easily.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Pac will give him as much trouble as any fighter he's ever fought.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That's not saying much.

4. kidbourbon

I like Pacquiao; I like the way he fights. But it's the way he fights that makes me less than bullish on his chances against MM. His multijab+lunging-cross maneuver is just not going to work against Floyd.

5. Unimane

I see a lot of similarities in the Mayweather-Zab Judah fight and Judah was able to tag Floyd early, even scoring a knock down that, erroneously, wasn't given. Unfortunately for Judah, he tires easily and has the mental stability of [ddiapos], so he faded as the fight wore on. Still, Pac being a lefty and so unorthodox will make it difficult for Floyd to use his defensive shoulder roll technique. He also has had more challenging fights with dudes who were busier, fast fighters, which is definitely Pacquiao. However, Manny has also had some issues with counter punchers (see: Juan Manuel Marquez - although, I think him and Mayweather are different types of counter punchers) and no one adjusts during fights to the situation at hand better than Floyd.

So, I think that, in all likelihood, Floyd will be able to box Pacquiao and neutralize Manny, to an extent, something similar to Marquez-Pacquaio III, where Manny got frustrated. However, Pacquiao will have his moments and a shot to win, more so than almost anyone Floyd's fought since Jose Castillo. Plus, Floyd's a little more hittable these days. If Marcos Maidana can get a few pops on Mayweather, Pacqiao definitely can.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Tough for me to give a damn. And a shame, because it would have been incredible in 2008-09.

I'll probably watch, but mostly for the social aspect of getting together with friends. If by myself, I'd skip this and just watch more of those bane cat videos on YouTube.

7. Unimane

Supposedly, we can expect an announcement of this fight on or around Monday. I know the sentiment is that this is a few years too late, but it's going to be the biggest damn fight ever in terms of PPV and money earned by fighters. Plus, these guys are still really, really good and would probably beat anyone else in their weight division.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

All about the portions of the pie now.

9. kidbourbon

So this is a done deal?

10. Unimane

Sounds like a few more hiccups in terms of negotiating the TV deals between HBO and Showtime. It never seems to end, even though the deal is, supposedly, imminent.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I hate Lyle Jones.

12. kidbourbon

What the hell is going on here?

13. Unimane

Negotiations, negotiations, negotiations. Back and forth.....They keep saying the deal is progressing, but nothing has been signed. Pacquaio, basically, said he was about to train for the Mayweather fight in Manila yesterday, so I think the deal is imminent. Probably. Maybe. 50-50.

14. kidbourbon

50 cent thinks Mayweather is scared.

15. Unimane

I used to think he was worried about losing his zero, which is why he cherry picks so much. However, I've come to the conclusion that Mayweather thinks he is the biggest sports star in the world and wants to have everything run at his whim.

16. kidbourbon

For the sake of his legacy, he HAS to have this fight. And surely he knows this.

17. Unimane

I would think this is obvious, but he also calls himself "TBE", The Best Ever, so he probably thinks he has his legacy locked up. I really believe that he thinks people will forget the Pacquiao dodge after a while and just remember his undefeated record. I don't think he realizes Pacquiao is going to be remembered for a long time, too.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I won't forget the dodge. That's what I think of when I think of Mayweather- the undefeated fighter who wouldn't fight Pacquiao

19. Unimane

Rumors developing that this may be announced at the NBA All-Star game this weekend.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

better than the 1 loss fighter. of course I think he beats pacquiao