Paris terror attack kills 12

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 7, 2015.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...h-anjem-choudary-editorials-debates/21417461/

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That guy is a nutjob and most English Muslims don't like him. I'm not sure why USA Today gave him a forum, other than to expose him.

Otherwise, his premise is stupid. Essentially, he is saying that Westerners need to be responsible in what they say because Muslims can't be responsible in how they act.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm find with bringing down the hammer on those that do harm, but find it troublesome that people are so quick to want to destroy a whole group of people for the actions of a few.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It's idiocy. Freedom of expression is generally considered fundamental to free society. The fact that free expression may not be a part of Muslim culture should have no bearing on free societies where it does exist. There is no need to change, and to do so would be destructive to democracy.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

At some point we're going to just have to realize there is a section of the world who doesn't fundamentally believe what we do at the most basic level, views us as the bad guys, and think we need to die. And we're going to have to decide if we want to deal with it or continue to let things like this happen with regular occurrence. And "dealing with it" won't be pretty or easy, but it still is the least bad option.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I was confused by the USA Today move as well. It's very frustrating to read things like this when the individual is known to be radical yet his presence is tolerated in a "Western" country and he's provided a vessel to make his thoughts known. He's using the very stage he detests to make his voice heard.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ic-group-says-cartoonists-provoked-slaughter/

Birds of a feather, Donohue. Eat shit you coward.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think that cartoonist knew damn well what he was doing, as he expressed his fears I believe. And I mean that in the best way possible. Nobody should ever be executed for simply stating their opinion on something, and he was busy showing these extremist muslims what they are really about:

Theocratic Facism/authoritarianism (to borrow something from Hitchens).

RIP Mr. Hebdo and the others in his building. Hopefully they have opened the eyes of those that would defend the actions of these extremists.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He said, "I'm not afraid of reprisals I do not have kids. no wife, no car, no credit. It certainly did a bit pompous, but I'd rather die standing than live on your knees."

10. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I love that all of these blasphemous comics are getting passed around now:

[​IMG]

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That's great.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Bill Maher calls out Liberals

[video=youtube;PioHDGEt6BM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PioHDGEt6BM[/video]

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's spot on.

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Maher nailed it.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did he justify Sab's tweet in that second part of the interview?

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

18. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

saw some of the maher quotes yesterday. agree 100%

19. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

The issue I have (and not just with Maher) is there's one religion in particular creating problems yet "all religions are dumb and dangerous" seems to be a frequent comment these days. I do take offense to that.

20. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'm also offended that nobody seemed to pick up on this. No CDB listeners in here?