Paris terror attack kills 12

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 7, 2015.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Anybody want to start a crowd funded initiative to builda bronze statue of that dude, holding up one of his cartoons, with his quote at the bottom, to be displayed in Paris?

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'll donate.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

All religions are dangerous and dumb. Don't care if you are offended.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Including the atheist turds.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

atheism is a religion like clear is a color

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yes, another BPV IP fight! I'm pumped.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Correct.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I agree completely. Still waiting on the Almighty Mahr to give his shit eating approval though.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

IP doesn't care about anything. He's a Nihilist.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

IP in his pool
    [​IMG]

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Must be exhausting

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kind of like how all black people are criminals.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Can you say that?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hist girlfriend gave up her toe. She thought we'd get a million dollars. It's not fair!

15. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

the idea that all religions are dumb and dangerous is rather broadly painted. if we start with simple spirituality in the individual, there are no threats. just because several individuals with similar spiritualities collectivize does not necessarily pose a threat. however, when either, a) that collective concerns itself with the spirituality of others, or b) the collective organizes to the point of entering the political discourse for purposes of claiming social and/or economic resources, they can easily become dumb and dangerous.

a bunch of hippies enjoying peace, love and liberty acting with kindness and humility in the interest of social justice is not really dangerous to anyone.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Nope. All religion, personal or not, is more dangerous than cooking meth in a natural gas tank farm............

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I disagree with even your opening premise that simple spirituality in the individual is no threat. Anytime one is deluding themselves into thinking they have a special connection to "the universe," god, or spirits there is a risk of them taking action that is irrational and potentially dangerous. A lower risk when it is just an individual perhaps, but a risk all the same. I point you to the gentleman who recently threw his daughter from a bridge, "placing her in god's hands" as an example. Or any time someone does something terrible and simply says "god told me to." They were having a real (to them) and personal spiritual experience.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There's a potential risk that I'll stab my waiter in his neck if he hands me a fork.

There's a potential risk that thinking religion is delusional and dangerous might give someone the idea that violence toward religious people is acceptable.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You study a science that essentially became a big deal because of earth worshipers. And apparently you aren't even good enough at it to get a paying gig. Don't care if you are offended.

20. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

arrogance is dangerous. humility is not.