Pastor Advises Punching Toddlers to Keep Them From Becoming Gay

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by LawVol13, May 2, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i imagine it's politically unpopular to pull a churches tax exempt status and therefore that is why it rarely happens.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This isn't really on the subject, but it seems like I'm frequently tempted to give knuckle sandwiches to other people's toddlers when I'm out in various and sundry public places.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought that they can't back candidates or parties. They can obviously weigh in on laws, otherwise the Catholic Church should have lost it's tax exempt status years ago.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The law and the application/execution of the law are two very different things.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Bingo.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

How would one be able to distinguish between the two in a definitive way? Is there some sort of language or phrase that pushes it over a line?

7. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

Actually, he said "misunderstood".

The guy is a shit bag.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

How about you quote the entire paragraph.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I got to admit:

[​IMG]

10. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

Because he claims to be misunderstood regardless of everything else. He's making excuses. And yet, the point remains, I said he claimed to be misunderstood. And he did. That was my point. The remainder of the paragraph doesn't take away the word that I said was there.

Does he claim to be misunderstood?

11. CardinalVol

Yup, right in the middle of saying he was sorry and that it was his fault.

Big difference. He basically assumed responsibility for what he said for saying something stupid.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Come on, Cardinal. That was the most backhanded, ass hole apology I've ever read. The guy "apologized" if he offended the LBGT community and in the next paragraph explained how he wasn't sorry for saying that they were immoral abominations. In other words, this guy's only sorry that he's been made to look a [uck fay]ing moron in the media. He's not sorry at all for what he said, and I'm not sure why anyone would be taking up for this piece of trash.

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Questionable to quite questionable. I'm gonna need some cites, or you're going to need to rephrase. Because as phrased, this isn't correct.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't agree with slapping a limp wristed kid, but I did laugh at the apology.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't really agree with slapping a limp wristed kid, but I did laugh at the apology.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

IRC requires that a church not spend a "substantial" amount of time on influencing legislation and may absolutely not endorse candidates; so, I should have qualified what I said. I think the point still stands that this dipshit, like many, many conservative churches do absolutely spend a substantial amount of time on politics and trying to influence legislation by telling their congregations to vote a certain way.

EDIT: And Cardinal is absolutely right about very liberal churches doing the same thing.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  17. CardinalVol

Because I did a whole lot of looking into it myself?

I'm comfortable in saying the dude f'ed up, he knows he f'ed up, and he is genuinely sorry for some stupid comments.

You can make stupid comments and be sorry for them and still hold a stance that you will not apologize for.

If he's made other comments similar to this before, then I'm sure we will find out soon enough. Until then, it's a one-time moronic comment.

18. CardinalVol

Because I did a whole lot of looking into it myself?

I'm comfortable in saying the dude f'ed up, he knows he f'ed up, and he is genuinely sorry for some stupid comments.

You can make stupid comments and be sorry for them and still hold a stance that you will not apologize for.

If he's made other comments similar to this before, then I'm sure we will find out soon enough. Until then, it's a one-time moronic comment.

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

You're right, you can. But, what this guy is doing is akin to a racist saying, "I apologize if I offended the black community, but I don't apologize for thinking blacks aren't worth a shit and I'll continue a campaign against them."

20. CardinalVol

Thats really nowhere near his stance at all.

His underlying stance is pretty much mainline evangelical - marriage is define as one man and one woman. Homosexuality itself is a sin by what he believes God said. In addition, every person is a sinner as well and we are in all need of God's grace through Jesus.