Pat Forde Letting Vols Fans Have it...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by **TDCVOL**, Jan 31, 2016.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Over the stupid Cuonzo Martin deal again.

[​IMG]

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Huh, that's where the 26-27 thing came from. Saw my buddy talking about the numbers on Twitter but had no idea it was from Forde.

Martin wasn't a great coach, but Tennessee basketball fans are getting exactly what they deserve for the way they treated him.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We're getting what we deserve for not hiring Ben howland after Martin left instead going with Donnie

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm going to gladly admit that UT's fanbase is stupid as hell.

But national writers like Forde were taking every chance they could to tout Cal's preseason ranking and recruiting class. They don't like being reminded of that, but they get the last word, so our fanbase looks even more ridiculous.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yep

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

the Bring Back Brucers are getting what they deserve. I didn't treat him any sort of way. I paid for season tickets every year the guy was here.

It's not our fault he underachieved

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Exactly. That's why I say Forde can kiss my ass.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And yet some people still try to act like he didn't.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He's been doing such a great job at cal and all. . .

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I mean, he did but the dumbass bring back Bruce crowd made him a sympathetic figure instead of the average at best coach he is.

I like Counzo the person. He's a good guy. Counzo the coach, meh. The thing that makes me shake my head is the same people saying "Bring back Bruce" are the some ones that worshipped Dooley and are say Butch is the best

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

This definitely bothers me. Pat Forde wrote an extremely unfair article doing his best to imply that the fan base is racist. He shouldn't be defended here, no matter how annoying the "bring back Bruce" brigade is.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Cuonzo the Person didn't exactly go out too well either if you believe some of the stuff that's out there

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

10-14 in the conference is quality, you racist.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

With 3 2016 first round draft picks. . .

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Counzo the person was pissed off at everyone. People do things when they're angry and feel slighted.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he likes to tell cal fans about how had to hire a personal security firm which Tenn wouldn't pay for. he's been playing the victim card quite often. I agree he seems pretty bitter. talking about this stuff years later is silly.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Agreed. He's an idiot and Martin can't coach a lick. We were stupid as a fanbase, but his coaching was worse.

18. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

iirc, he lost twice to an awful aTm team and lost to a Vandy team that was using ball boys to fill the roster.

Just another in a long line of mediocre hires that never made any noise in the NCAAs.

IMO the BBBrucers don't have anything to do with it. Cuonzo deserved to go, and we deserved a legit hire.

This fan base has been very loyal, only to be rewarded by missed opportunities to hire a solid coach.

19. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I don't see why people are still clinging to Cuonzo. Personally, I like him, and I can admit that I have a bias. He's not a great X's and O's guy by any means, but he was going to bring in some talented players had he stayed. Who knows how much he would have coached them up? I have my doubts on that. I don't know everything that went on behind the scenes, but he was screwed by several people. For that, I don't blame him for giving Tennessee the middle finger.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He uses it as motivation. It's not really any different than athlete x using the "I was drafted in the 5th round when I was a 1st round talent" deal