Patterson Clocks A 10.33 in the 100 Meters

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, May 6, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This is true but guys named Chris Mims, Chuck Smith, Charlie Garner and Darwin Walker also transferred in and with great success. At this point the Volquesters of the world are hyping him so much it is unfair to the kid, but if he comes out of JUCO and fills a need like a Jonathan Hefney did for awhile, (which I think he can) that's all we can ask.

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Jesse Mahelona is another good one.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thought mahelona was here for a year then went on his Mormon mission trip. Came back after that. Or was that someone else? Helped take care of his dog. Nice guy.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

No, that was Mapu.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well I met Mahelona. Like I said, great guy.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Really sad how he died.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Truly.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hefney was a four year starter on defense and close to four years on special teams. I'll take it.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Hefney had a tough senior season, but yes, he was a solid starter for us. I believe his first play as a Vol was a longish punt return. I know Hefney so I've followed his career since high school.

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

so, he's not going to be Leonard Scott 2.0?

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If I had to describe Randy Sanders play-calling in one play, the fade against Miami on 2nd and 1 from the 1 in 2002 to Scott would be it.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He had a daughter right before his senior season didn't he?

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Yes he did. He's went on to have a nice little CFL gig, though.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He stuck with the Lions for a year or two didn't he?

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hefney was always a really nice guy. He had a big punt return against UNLV that got called back I believe

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

A super nice guy and hilarious. He's interesting because him and Jonathan Joseph were in rival schools at the same time. (Ko Simpson also). Hefney got more of the publicity in high school but just never grew. Joseph was such an athletic freak he became a top 15 draft pick after having an average career at USC. And obviously signed a big deal with the Texans.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The entire 2007 defense had a rough season. Even Jerod Mayo didn't look like a great tackler. I think they actually coached the "ankle dive, grab at the waistband then shoelaces with your fingertips only technique" that year.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was like the only guy not tripping over their feet was Eric Berry that year.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And he had a huge, huge, huge missed tackle in the SECCG by going for a kill shot.