Pay Now or Pay Later

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Dec 1, 2016.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

A very astute analysis. Well done, and I agree with it 100%

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I am near certain that Jones is either trying to force them to fire him, or to agree to a lesser buyout if he leaves for another job, so as to make him a more attractive candidate, if such is even possible to achieve.

If you think that there are scant few prospective schools who would be willing to hire Butch at all, think about how much his efforts to leave are being further hindered by the prospect of a potential school being required to pay $3M to Tennessee for the privilege of doing so. Schools like Purdue wouldn't pay it, and smaller schools like Houston probably can't pay it.

I am certain that he wants to leave, and is actively (some would say "desperately") trying to get out of Tennessee, and to almost any destination other than "Unemployment" or without a $10M buyout check in his hand. On a purely personal level, and having no inside info to back this up, I cannot imagine any scenario - absent the complete and willful avoidance of reason, and on both sides - in which he is back at Tennessee next season. Too much may have already been said and done, even before the boosters realized the extent / vigor / manner / means by which he was looking to leave. Now that they do, I don't see any possible way to un-ring that bell, unless there is absolutely no possible way to avoid it by either side.

Others who have better sources, or more complete, accurate or timely info than I are certainly welcome to chime in and correct me, if they wish to do so.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Let's start a section on the site for your blogs called Prolix Corner.

4. Tenacious D

Excellent.

5. Tenacious D

FU

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Who does his agent ask at Tennessee for the raise?

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

DiPietro? Honestly not sure who.

8. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Agree. Once again,I have not swayed and would be shocked if trumpet blower is here in 2017. Natives remain patient because there are going to be very quiet periods until after the weekend games have concluded. Let the coaching carousel drama begin.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I say forgive the debt to any school that would take him. Heck we'll even pay another school to hire him away. Whatever it takes get him out.

10. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Why, so the average Vawl fan can say, "Who you gonna get to come here after you fire a coach that rebuilt our program to 8 wins and put us a game from the Sugar Bowl. You are being unrealistic and don't understand the amount of injuries was had."

11. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I don't believe that actually ever happened. It doesn't pass the sniff test. While Butch is delusional, he isn't that delusional.

12. NorrisAlan

Basilio isn't the only person saying that, I believe.

13. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I think there is a lot of things being said by both sides, Butch vs UT that isn't/hasn't happened.

14. Tenacious D

Hart is still technically in place, although he is actively re-defining the very meaning of "lame duck"......but now that I think about it, maybe knowing that fact is exactly why Jones and his agent would have asked for it.

15. Tenacious D

Underestimate Butch Jones' delusions at your own peril.

16. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Either one of the two is true. He has been looking to get out since the USCe game or he thinks this year was just a hiccup and expects a raise and extension.

17. NorrisAlan

He can think both. They are not mutually exclusive, especially if you are delusional about your own ability.

18. Tenacious D

That he is doing everything within his power to leave Tennessee is not in doubt. If he will ultimately be successful, and how it might take shape, is what remains unknown.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The amount of money UT wastes on shitty coaches should be cause for shutting down the god damn program.

20. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I think someone who wants him out is releasing this false info, which obviously further hurts his rep. Also, Butch can't come out and deny it. Whoever that someone is, kudos to them.