Pay Now or Pay Later

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Dec 1, 2016.

1. LittleDTO

LittleDTO New Member

Armstrong is a smart agent. UT is between a rock and a hard place with Bama Dave still as AD. I seriously doubt that a true coaching search has been initiated by UT and no AD prospect would come in on the heels of a coaching hire. We need to expedite the AD hire and move forward after that.

2. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

Get ready for "but no great coach wants to come to UT."

3. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

In a dream world. We put together a search committee, they hire Jon Gruden. There isn't an AD that would come into that situation?

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can think of quite a few ads that wouldn't want that hanging over them as they enter a job.

They would all like to hire him, few want to inherit him

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I swear, JFreak has to be Dave Hart the way he's trying to deflect everything away from our current AD.

Even the Tyndall hiring fiasco....

Good grief, that guy is "special".

6. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I don't see how the outcome isn't any different either way, other than the AD not getting credit for the hire.

7. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

monumental career changing event

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Just think, you're being hired to be Gruden's boss, a guy who has way more authority than you and will shout you down if you disagree with him. You can't fire him because he's Jon f'n Gruden

Or

You are the genius who hired Gruden and has an agreement in place with him on the separation of power.

9. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

In reality, either way, Gruden or any other highly successful football coach will hold ultimate power. The fan base will always side with the successful coach.

10. JayVols

Unfortunately, it seems like too many fans side with shitty coaches, too.

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Haha. So true.

Most of them come around, but only after said coach has nearly destoyed the program.

12. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

He's an idiot. Some people are so disappointed in their own life, they can't accept their hero's are frauds.

And if he accepts that Hart is poor judge of character, he must also accept that lyle is a poor choice of coach. He's protecting his mental fortress.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He's dumber than a sack full of hammers.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Coaches deny interest in other jobs / being less than perfectly happy at their current gig almost daily.

15. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I think the largest part of any school's fanbase are complete idiots when it comes to X's and O's and being able to tell if a coach knows what the **** he's doing on the field. So, they have to rely on the administration to have folks in place to be able to know if a coach knows what the **** he's doing. It was an inevitable disaster. No faith that it changes.

16. JayVols

If only good ole Melungeon Man were still there.....

17. JayVols

I don't always practice it, but as a general rule, I keep my mouth shut on things I don't know anything about.

At least I'll admit my ignorance before stating my uneducated opinion on such matters.

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

They are like terrorists. Knock one out and another pops right up to replace him.

19. JayVols

Melungeon Man was strong with stubborn.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Difference in bowl payouts from Sugar Bowl to Music City (where we probably end up now)?

14.5 million dollars.

Butch cost us over 14 million by losing the Vanderbilt game.