People complain about length of college football games

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by dc4utvols, Mar 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

They keep ignoring the elephant in the room. I digitized a game one time and edited out the commercials. I believe it was about a third of the time. Here is my suggestion. Charge more for commercials and have less of them.

Seems that boob Goodell finally has a good idea for the NFL can college follow the lead?

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announces less commercials during games

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Without the commercials, they can't afford the 7 hour pre game show

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Both college football and nfl should stop televising most extra points. It would cut several minutes out of games. If they miss it, show the replay when you come back.

4. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

CBS games are beyond ridiculous. I think playing in 4 straight CBS contributed to the amount injuries we suffered. Their bodies aren't meant to hold up 5+ hours

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Obviously commercials add a ton of time, and even alter the game in terms of free timeouts, stamina, etc. If soccer can get away with no tv timeouts, football should be able to reduce them.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Even as a 14 year old in 94, I hoped that the logo in the top corner that was introduced in the WC would take over for all sports.

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It shouldn't be difficult at all for CFB to implement in game ads, a la soccer matches. They have the leverage, the schools are dependent on the money, but not like a pro franchise would be, and it's not like it isn't the same 5-10 commercials for 90 percent of college football games. Belk, Allstate, Hardees, Zaxbys, Chick-Fil-a, Dr. Pepper.

8. CardinalVol

I do find the McElwain Belk one humorous....or did the first 50,000 times I saw it.

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

So you were sick of it after week 5?

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the hurry up has definitely made the games too long. they should run the clock after every play

11. CardinalVol

Week 2 actually.