People who constantly quote bible verses

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My issue with the ark and creation stories is that the bible even conflicts with itself in the details of the stories.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Look at the physical size of the boat itself, maybe all the animals were not full grown, perhaps just babies.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Don't scientist agree that the earth as we know it has changed over the years? By that I mean, just by observation the land masses seem at one point that you could put them together as a puzzle. If there was at one time a more closely knitted together land mass, then could not the flood cover the entire land mass. It would also make it easier to collect the animals.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The only answer I can give you for that is for you to read Romans 5:15-21. I don't think I can honestly answer your question IP, but I believe those scriptures answer it well. I mainly just cant put the words together.

1. God had already told them not take part of that particular tree. See in that time, that was the only wrong that there was. God could have taken anything in that garden and made in the sinful thing which they should not have done. He chose the tree. Therefore when Satan comes along and gets them to partake of the tree, they broke the only commandment that God had given them. That was the only wrong that had been distinguished to them, therefore when they did it they became sinful in the eyes of God. I believe they did know right from wrong. They had been told it was wrong to take part of that tree and they did it anyway.

2. As far as the age of accountability, its something that happens whenever a person falls under conviction. I dont think the scripture exactly 100% will put in these words, but you will find that, whenever the Lord reveals himself unto someone, they must repent. King David gives his testimony in the 116th Division of Psalms. Also, you will find in the 9th Chapter of Acts, Saul's (Paul's) conversion on the road to Damascus. Its not a set age persay, its just whenever the Lord reveals himself unto an individual. If there are scriptures about it im not sure, but I will look and let you know if there are any.

Please let me know if this does not answer your questions and i will try again.

5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I dont believe the Bible should have to give dates. The Lord wants us to trust in him with what he has provided us with. The Bible is sufficient. There are lots of things that happened in the bible days that are not in there, but God has provided us with enough. I firmly believe that. No human being is ever going to figure out all of the Bible. Part of the thing that God wants from us humans is to have faith in him, and not question why. Now of course, with these carnal minds, we are always going to ask questions, but the Lord wants us to trust him, and not question him.

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

What are some examples of this 53, if you do not mind me asking?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The last super continent existed 200 million years ago. It's size was immense, and due to climatic processes probably had huge deserts within the interior. Gathering all the species of Earth on Pangaea would be no easier than gathering all the species of Eurasia and Africa. They all touch, after all.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Macon, I don't know see this going anywhere. I don't feel like either of those fully address the problem I perceive, accurately or not. I appreciate your response and time, though.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

It'd be a lot easier to do that if he actually, PHYSICALLY revealed himself in some way. Or didn't create a system and Earth that seemed to contradict the Bible's explanations for the universe.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

From Genesis 1:

And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
    24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
    25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
    26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

From Genesis 2:

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
    19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

The two accounts are contradictory.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

or maybe it never happened. which seems more likely?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wonder how freshwater fish were supposed to make it?

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

typical religious crap... friend of mine told another friend she shouldn't say [uck fay] and shit... he then proceeded to use the word "[Ban Me]" in the next sentence.