Per KNS: Heather Harrington DUI

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 7, 2012.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I only do because most nights I fall asleep listening to sports talk. Once I get out of bed, that's it.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Heard a brief snippet this AM - a caller began by saying something along the lines of, "Well, I guess you guys are going to follow the KNS lead and ignore what should be a big story around here...."

Jeff (in the most sincerely dreadful, almost guttural, response): "And what exactly is that?"

The guy goes on to talk about The Sporting News article where Dooley was rated as the worst coach in SEC.

But for those few brief seconds after Jeff's response....the tension was palpably filled with anticipatory and abstract dread.

Otherwise, my earlier prediction has held up quite correctly (unless someone heard it and I missed it - and correct me, if so) - it has gone entirely unmentioned, or even alluded to, either by the on-air personalities or the callers of the show.

They seem to be hoping that it similiarly remains off the on-air radar for 10 days or so, where at that time, anyone who mentioned it would be dismissed as bringing up "old news" which didn't warrant a response, much less a discussion.

The ol' wait it out strategy is once again going to prove to be an overwhelming obstacle to the Knoxville sports fan. Watch and see.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That guy said something at the end of the call and hung up. Jeff said, sarcastically, that it took real courage to say it. I missed what it was the guy said.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The blonde from WBIR will be next.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Channel 10 should have its own permanently reserved table at DTG&B.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Tables would be more accurate.

7. hatvol96

True, other than Becker, Howell, and Wilhoit, I can't think of any on air personality I don't see there on at least a semi-regular basis.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Ah yes, Robin Wilhoit. Loved her.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Saw a few there the other night.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There must be a pretty strong rotation between there and Tin Roof.

11. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Great people. I work with her husband.

12. hallowed_hill

Phillips?

13. hatvol96

I've seen him there a handful of times. Appears to be a friendly guy.

14. hallowed_hill

He definitely was the couple of times ive talked to him.

15. MacReady

MacReady New Member

You can replace Jeff Jacoby if you can sit and a corner of a room and try to listen to MD without wanting to shoot yourself. You are only required to say tOSU and some baseball story once a day.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

She and Doc were arguing in favor of abolishing the annual UT-Bama game so we could play Missouri and A&M more frequently, otherwise they might not feel like part of the conference. Seriously.

17. hatvol96

I'm no longer going to bash them for spewing idiocy. I'm turning my ire on the people who listen religiously and keep those tools on the air.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

For that you can thank the lard ass rednecks that think they are going to get a chance to bump uglies with HH by calling in everyday.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Jeff Jacoby seems like he is the voice of 80% of local radio commercials.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

+10. Excellent post