Percent chance we get Gruden?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 12, 2017.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Forgive my ignorance, but who are these guys?

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

NY, Dave Hart was all about Dave Hart. Not surprised he made up lies to put himself in the best possible light as it relates to not hiring Gruden in 2012.

I hope he is forced to smoke turds in purgatory for all eternity.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I was surprised it took that long as well.

To answer the questions, yes I have a job, and no, I don’t work with kids anymore, but not because I screwed one.

4. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Yep

5. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

This is where I am Jay. They have to make him say no more than once before they move on though.

It's the hire we need as a program, we've been wandering too long.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

LWS is a complete joke. This may not be news to some of you. He's been howling that tennessee would never pay top dollar for a coach and now basically every person with any contacts says that tennessee is going to make a big run at Gruden, so LWS is now just pretending that's been his position all along. Complete fraud.

7. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

I think Larry's contacts are now gone or dried up. He doesn't seem to have his fingers on the pulse of the program like he used to, it's all based off of intuition and history now.

I'm wary of these new guys who all of a sudden are trusted sources...I like the info but I'm not buying any of it. There's the people who actually make the decisions and then there's people who try to influence those decisions...and it's the latter group that seem to want to disseminate these rumors to the masses just to swing the vote. The people who a the real decision makes don't say shit but when they do, I'm all ears.

I'm skeptical, to say the least.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee spent top dollar on Kiffin and his staff. Butch is pretty high up the payscale too. Hell, Shoop is a million dollar coordinator

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Vols-0
    Gruden-28

10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I want to apologize to the 8th. The first spring butch was here, I went to the lettermens dinner the night before the spring game. As my son and I were parking across from the stadium, Dave Hart walked in front of my truck. As my son screamed, "run over hiim",I didn't. I humbly apologize.

11. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Well...at least you raised your son right....

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. Going to need you to nut punch Butch if you can this weekend to repair our friendship.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

"Originally Posted by*:
    I have a very hard time seeing Gruden being the coach in 2018. No doubt there will be talk about and to him.. just don't see it happening.. Jon doesn't really want this.. and some at UT don't want this..

This is just me not who they might hire because I don't know Currie's thinking.. I like Durkin, Brohm or Norvell... taking into account what I think UT's market is in general..

they don't believe they can control him and don't trust him to do what he is supposed to.. there are rules and regulations and he has said publicly he doesn't believe he could work that way..

I don't think money will be a deal breaker with anyone.. the deal breakers will be how much control they require.. Now I think they will be smart about the money. I don't think they will give someone 7 million just to pay someone high. they will have to believe the return will be there.. They won't risk any amount if they don't believe in the return. As we have seen lately, they have been wrong on the return..

I could see a run at a Patterson, a Fuentes or a Mullen. Depends on your interpretation of a success I guess. can't think of others off top of my head... Not many out West I believe they chase"

LWS

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

All those words to say nothing

15. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

If they don’t see the immediate financial impact of Gruden, they are more incompetent than previously imaginable. He is the only name out there (including Stoops/Kelly/Patterson) that gives you return on investment before a ball is snapped.

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

He doesn't see it happening because his head is stuck up his ass.... He can't see ANYTHING...

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Exactly Lex.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You're lucky you're OV.

19. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I don't care if the man comes in and commits every violation known to man. Let's get a five year run and win some championships.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Honestly, all of this.

If they can't see this, then our problems are so much worse than any head coach or single sport.

But they do get this, IMO.