Pettiness

Discussion in 'Sports' started by dknash, Sep 4, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

gave them a program upper decker.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He spent the post game blaming the players.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

"We have no discipline to execute." The man is a parody of himself.

IP likes this.
  4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I can't wait for him to say, "it takes a big man to admit fault and we don't have any big men in our locker room."

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No doubt he has 100's of texts telling him he is doing great.

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Kiffin prolly does it because he thinks it's funny as hell

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I don’t feel bad for his kids. I do feel bad for Arky State players who didn’t commit to him, but still ended up with him as their coach.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Coastal only ran 5 more plays than Arky State. They had 412 more yards. 685 yards on 63 plays for a decent little 10.9 yards per play average.

rushing yards were 294 (on 36 carries, 8.2ypc) to 18 (on 17 carries, 1.1 ypc) lol

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Their message boards are as bad as VN.

"If you think a guy who spent the last three years working for Nick Saban can stand losing even just a little bit…..you would be horribly mistaken. He will take care of it. But he’s not a miracle man. The problem is that we were far worse coming in to this year than we really wanted to admit."

"Yep….Saban would have the same record here."

"Remember Sabans first year at Bama, they lost to ULM, just for perspective."

10. NorrisAlan

Oh dear.

11. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Obviously a message board poster is far more likely to be paying close attention to their program (even if they don’t know what they’re watching), but I feel sorry for loyal but largely casual ASU fans who don’t realize what’s happened to them.

I remember trying to explain to people I knew that yes, I am being serious, Butch Jones is actually an idiot that knows nothing about football. *Gasps*, but how could that be?!? Well, you know how you’ve met plenty of wealthy people at the top of their fields who are actually borderline retarded who slipped through the cracks on dumb luck and politics? Football is not different. In a thousand lifetimes Butch would be a failed MLM promoter far more often than he’s be a D1 head coach.

10SEvols, InVolNerable and IP like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes. He is a fraud.

InVolNerable likes this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Anyone on the team that didn't immediately quit the program, quit the sport, transfer, throw themselves off a cliff, or flee the country as soon as he was announced as the head coach did this to themselves.

InVolNerable likes this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I feel like I knew Butch Jones got another head coaching job, but it didn't really sink in when I heard it.

And now that I'm seeing the shit I'm seeing in this thread, it's sinking in, and I can't help but wonder how on earth anyone could possibly hire that man as a head coach ever again. Like, it's unfathomable to me.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Holy shit, these poor people.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The [uck fay]ing Athletic Director quit a week after hiring him

A-Smith likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He'll eventually say there's not enough black kids in Arkansas for him to recruit

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Got to think that was a favor to Sexton as he was walking out the door.

zehr27 likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

I just looked at one of their boards, and it is sad. Some of them are pretty rational and know what is going on, and the sad thing is that they are stuck with him. No one is going to hire him away, which is how they usually lose their coach, and they cannot afford to pay his buyout in any kind of decent time frame.

The rest of them are delusional, blaming the previous coach and AD (for something other than hiring Trumpet [uck fay]er).

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Their AD is a football guy and Id bet he was making plans for getting rid of Butch a few minutes into meeting him.