Peyton Manning to Broncos

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kptvol, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i believe it, there's no way he would want to go to Tenn because they have crap for a team

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I agree, but think the gap is negligible. Well, was negligible.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Snake, predict the number of titans wins. Go.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

But Clay Travis sad it was a lock for the Titans.

5. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

[uck fay] the broncos

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Titans should have fought harder to get Fulmer to interview them last year when Fisher departed.

7. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

It's really hilarious to see the Titans fans that act like they didn't want one of the greatest QBs of all time on their roster.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Go Vols, I mean Broncos.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I know it was a joke. I don't wear my feelings on my sleeve. My opinion means nothing, but I think he picked the worst offensive team out of those that were wooing him. They can make some moves in FA and the draft, but not a ton of big time talent available. On the flip side, Manning makes everyone around him better. I did want to see him go to the Titans- not because I'm a rabid Titans fan, but for sentimental reasons. Add the fact that I would have had a much better shot at being able to go see him in my 1st pro football game. Yes, I have never attended a pro game....

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yep.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Serious question, I know why us East and Northeast Tennessee folks hate the Oilers. But what about you central time-zoners? Any other reasons other than you had previous loyalties?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why do east tennesseeans hate the titans? I'm from east tennessee and this is news to me. All non-titans fans i have encountered are just bandwagon fans of other teams for various convoluted reasons that could logically make them AIDS fans too

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Well, before the Titans were in Tennessee the TV networks already carved up the viewing audience. It's why you find a lot of Bengals and Redskins fans in this area, and to a lesser extent Falcons depending on where you live. And if you grew up in say the Tri Cities, you are closer to the Panthers than the Titans. And then one day you sit down to watch the team who always was on, or maybe the game of the week, and you see the Titans battle the Arizona Cardinals.

But that is even a minor point. I think it was a huge mistake not to put the training camp in Johnson City when there was talk of that. The Titans became a regional team at that point in a state that has been for its history geographically, politically, and racially fractured. This is overstating a bit but at its core this is true. I also only know one person ONE! I swear it... in East Tennessee who actually claims to be a Titans fan. And hundreds more who loathe them. Not saying it's right but that's how it looks from my front porch.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I will comment on this later, but the reasons are many.

15. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

no idea how many games the titans win, but lets be real. Broncos > Titans. Sure there are some offensive weapons on the titans, but idk, they never seem to get their s**t straight

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't hate the Titans, I just don't care about them.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

VFL, I see.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I can't get over how Titans fans actually believe they're on the cusp of being an elite team. Listening to them, you'd think they're one draft pick away from winning Super Bowls every year.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was a huge fan of Barry Sanders. I loved watching Mike Singletary play. I like watching Jerome Bettis and Ray Lewis. I'm not necessarily a fan of any one NFL team.

I never paid any attention to the Oilers and once I did, I quickly figured out Eddie George was a gigantic vag.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

This doesn't really make sense to me. You're saying that a thing every fanbase would do is why you hate the Titans, do you hate all teams?