Peyton or Eli?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by VolDad, Feb 6, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Our defensive line has been beaten up a lot the last 10 years, but it's hard for me to think of a game where they got whipped more than they did in the first half of that game.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

That game was the first crushing blow for me as a UT student. I weathered 2002 and took it in stride, but I KNEW we should have beat Auburn that day.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Funny thing was, I knew it was coming. Had no doubts at all. Was more shocked we climbed back into it than anything else.

4. Vol4Life

Vol4Life New Member

This. I've been waiting for someone to state the importance of Cutcliffe. UT fans owe their thanks to Coach Cut for Peyton being here. After all, that's why Eli went to Ole Miss..

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heath had a lot to do with it too. Without him, does Cut get the promotion?

6. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

Peyton. Casey Clausen was a very good QB. Also, we would've been stuck with Brandon Stewart from 94 -97.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Same here. I was guilty of being less than complementary of Clausen unfortunately. I am fully aware of my dumbassery now. Casey may not have been as flashy or pretty as his predecessors, but the guy was gritty and got the job done. He just won baby.