Phil Fulmer hired as Advisor to UT president...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Oldvol75, Jun 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

2. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm sure that makes Currie happy

4. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

100k a year and a $2,500 per month non accountable expense account.

That's a lot of Shoneys buffets

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's an unbelievable waste of money.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

man are they trying to kill the guy?

7. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

lmao. Seriously? You can't make this shit up.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I chuckled last week at his camp when he still wore all of his old Adidas ut gear.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

probably the best part of this is Hyams tweeted that it was 100k/month, initially, before correcting it

but pennington ran with the incorrect figure and said it showed UT's budget was "A-OK" and posted a .gif of guys throwing money

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

there are probably 2 sports writers in the universe worse than pennington, griffith and jose de jesus ortiz in St Louis

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

So he's worth how many junior faculty? 3 and a bit extra? I.e., 15 or so classes with at least 600 students per semester?

Or worth about one world class science researcher that brings in more than a million in grants per year?

Dang, must have some incredible insights on post secondary education.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I would normally agree, but I'm guessing this is going to use Phil to get fat checks for academics, or any other pet projects the President has.

Can't you see it now: the Philip Fulmer Chair of Climate Science!

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is inexcusable.

But, yet again, we are actually inventing ways to screw ourselves.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd love to know how many hours a week he's working. I'd say about two, one of which is from home.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I sure hope that's the case, but does he really need a salary that big for that? You know he isn't hurting and it isn't like they are going to make him work like heck.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not convinced he has the fundraising abilities to cover his cost anymore. Could be wrong.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This. Absolutely idiotic.

19. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Give him an unlimited pass to the cafeteria, and he would have been on board.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I feel like the fact that he's willing to take this job after evidently getting played fairly dirty with the AD hire is just proof positive that all the raises and buyout money we offered him were totally unnecessary. We gave him a hell of a contract when it was obvious he was tailing off and not obvious that he could win without the soon to be gone Cutcliffe. We could have told him immediately after the 2007 SECCG that we were restructuring his pay to that of what Johnny Majors was getting in 1978 and he'd have stayed on board.