Pitt Pregame Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Panthers open as one-point road favorites.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This seems like a game were gonna win by 7 or less or lose by 17-21.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Either win by 20 or lose by 17

PilotFlyingJ and utvol0427 like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

this is what I am thinking.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m honestly not sure there’s a result that would surprise me. Kinda learning towards a slugfest where we lose 19-16 or some crap like that, but we could win by 20 or lose by 20 and I wouldn’t be shocked. Would certainly have some strong feelings, but not shock. We’re a black box right now, and we didn’t learn anything against Bowling Green except that Milton has work to do.

6. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I think it's an L at this point in the season based off of their returning talent/continuity as a program. If Milton settles in (doubt it) or the run game is humming, then I still think we have a great chance, however.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Alan, what is this weeks game going to be like?

[​IMG]

gcbvol likes this.
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Personally I think getting Milton to fake suck this week was a nice move by the staff and Pitt won’t see it coming.

9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'm going to message E. Simmons that the Pitt players were talking about his momma. They won't score a point all night.

VOLinDAWGland and Memtownvol like this.
  10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I watched a lot of their first game. Was impressed with the QB and the RB seemed decent. Nothing else really stood out. They pretty much shut UMass out until the subs came in.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Pitt wins by 10

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Outside of bama, there was a lot of similar looking football last weekend. Think the portal will put some skill on some teams with some good players who just want to play a lot of ball.

13. chavisut

Nobody else is keeping Clemson to 3 points.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

True but I think bama still beats this ga by 30

utvol0427 likes this.
  15. chavisut

Bama is on another level.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

But the plan is to continue it again this week. Florida is always the real mark.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s been way too long since we had coaches play the long game

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Alabama doesn't have acclimation periods like everyone else. They're 100% from jump. The other could catch up as more football gets played.

19. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

The fruit of recruiting. Recruiting well means more wins, more wins means better and easier recruiting, a snowballing cycle bama now enjoys. I expect Saban to pen his book on his coaching career “how I did it”, with a full chapter on why no other coaching staff followed my example.

20. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

He can’t put how he did it in the book. Don’t get me wrong, I still think he’s the GOAT. But he’s got a few less nattys without some pretty obscene cheating going on, and apparently always being protected from any possible consequences of that cheating.