Pitt reactions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 11, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

1. Milton is atrocious. He shouldn't start a game here again unless there's no other scholarship QBs left. I understand how a coach can say he's going to be a stud, but he ain't got it once the game starts

2. Elijah Simmons is fun to watch, so is Jeremy Banks

3. The officiating was pretty bad. What the hell was the call on the missed field goal touchdown? The offensive pi on Tillman was terrible too. The penalty on Banks was chickenshit

4. Hooker is merely okay. Bailey looked better last year in my opinion

5. Calloway is fast

6. Defense played decent considering the offense went 3 and out in a minute or less nearly every other possession

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Was Hooker this promiscuous with the ball at Va Tech?

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Pitt is a bad football team and if we executed we would have run them out of town. 4-8 is a real possibility.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I really want JH to succeed but his judgement concerning Milton is a giant red flag.

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He had rough patches, but Fuente has an actual offense.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I know we are two games in, but please tell me we didn't hire yet another dud.

please.

7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

CH needs to get through this season 6-6. Recruit some decent players and we'll be alright. There was some real dogshit moments today, but also some real bright spots. JMO of course.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

There are good coaching jobs being done all over this staff. Don't despair.

thagodfather likes this.
  9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The offense is well-designed, which is new and encouraging. That said, we’re having to scheme around a weak QB and an absolutely disaster of an offensive line. No run game, a million penalties. I know our OL coach is well respected, so I have hope that that will be corrected, but it was ugly today. It’s honestly incredible that we scored 34 with the OL and quarterbacks both playing badly. Like I’m a little impressed.

D is gonna get carved up by good quarterbacks, just like last year. At least they didn’t give up like last year. They didn’t get most of the stops, but they still got a couple key ones in the fourth. LBs didn’t get lost in coverage. Need a pass rush.

Injuries hurt a lot. I don’t know how much the OL struggles were on missing Cooper, but I’m pretty confident saying some of our run struggles were on missing Evans and Small. Wright is very fast but his vision is…let’s just say a work in progress.

10. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

It’s a probability.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Doubling down on 4-8.

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I just want it plainly known that I was the original 4-8 in that thread. And I called it again for next year as well

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m not putting money on 6-6 at this point but I’m sure as hell not putting money on an 0fer against South Carolina, Ole Miss, Missouri, and Kentucky.

Over/under for regular season wins is 5.5 at this point IMO.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Missing starting center, rbs, and Hiatt for most of the game didnt help us. First bomb to Hiatt was beautiful and had a lot of air under it.
    In his sack fumble #9 beat the db inside and there was no lb or safety help.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Check again….about ten posts before you.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was a piss poor throw. Hyatt had him beat by two steps

Indy, MaconVol, chavisut and 2 others like this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was 30 rows from it, it was awful

18. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

We simply do not have a good QB between Milton and Hooker. Milton's deep ball accuracy is comical, but the offense looks a bit more "fluid" with him. There is no doubt his upside is insane, but it's been offset by various red flags in his play that have been a part of these first two games.

Hooker is mobile with the occasional decent pass. Maybe he will improve but the ceiling seems pretty low overall.

Who knows what will happen with Bailey.

Tar Volon likes this.
  19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't know about 4 wins. We have three almost gimmees in Vandy, Tenn Tech and South Alabama. I have to think we'll get one other one than these.

Memtownvol and Tar Volon like this.
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

chavisut likes this.