Planned Parenthood to sue group behind fetal tissue videos

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 14, 2016.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Bull crap. If you aren't for every gubmint program under the sun, you got no right to be against abortion.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That's a red herring because neither you nor I subsidize it.

The Hyde Amendment prevents federal subsidies for abortion except in cases of rape, incest or life of the mother. Also:

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/04/the-abortion-issue/

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  3. JayVols

I don't disagree. Never have, but you know that.

4. JayVols

This is exactly why I avoid political debates here now.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I guess we suck at communicating, because it feels like we are disagreeing.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You know that's complete horsecrap. It funds the operation of the organization and should be out of that business.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Funding all their other operations surely makes paying for the abortion side a lot easier. money is fungible

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Good point, but the straight cash savings makes it more than well worth it.

Hell, were I President, I'd task NASA with making a Shop-Vac attachment that they could just use at home to get the job done, and which could be mass produced. Once done, I'd wrap them in a pot-leaf printed tie-dyed bandana, have BPV hook me up with a 'choppa so as to shoot that shit out of a Gatling gun style t-shirt cannon and carpet-bomb places like the DNC convention, Dollywood, Bonaroo / Coachella / SXSW, immigration reform rallies, "safe cities", and any other places where liberals are known to congregate.

9. Tenacious D

I think we've got the makings of a political compromise here, gents.

10. Tenacious D

1. When intelligent and reasonable people - whatever their political / personal bent - avoid debate, everyone loses.

2. That's what you're doing here, intentional or not. Besides, where's the fun in that, Jay?

3. At some point, it's the intelligent and reasonable people who are going to have to get together and start fixing shit, or we're all going to hell, because that's what this world is going to continue to become.

It's not about liberal vs conservative, urban vs rural, religious vs atheists, rich vs poor, black vs brown vs white, old vs young, etc. - all of that is just meaningless shit of no importance, and that which keeps us divided - the real struggle is between the reasonable and intelligent vs the unreasonable and ignorant. And whomever wins that fight, will get the future that they well deserve.

11. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Tenny is on the right track, only way to gap income equality and all that greater good non sense is to eliminate the poor.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Liberals hang out at Dollywood? I might be willing to compromise on this idea were it to include Dollywood and senior citizen homes where Obama chain e-mails originate in order to sweep out a bunch of the conservatives out there that have no business voting.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Sorry jay, but pretending that comment was heading another direction is not realistic. It's the drain that position will always circle.

14. JayVols

The argument I've been making doesn't necessarily reflect my personal views. I'm just pointing out the dilemma in the thinking as I see it only.

15. JayVols

Numbers shell game? Perhaps, but just pointing out the laws.

16. JayVols

You always deliver, my friend. One thing I love about you.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

So what's your view? Nineteen year old girl gets knocked up. She knows it will mess up her education/career plans. Should abortion be an option for her?

18. JayVols

I agree 100%, but where is there a debate to be had when making one statement elicits a sweeping blanket response so out of line with what is being discussed? I try to avoid futile efforts for obvious reasons.

19. JayVols

It doesn't have to. I know I'm in a minority here, and I have absolutely no problem with that. At all. However while I know many here disagree with several if not the vast majority of my positions, I honestly think some of those opposed to my views would agree that I'm not an irrational wackjob that is totally divorced from reality.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Now should that same woman be free to sell sex services, allowed to buy and put drugs in her body, to buy a firearm or allowed to buy raw milk to drink.