Planned Parenthood to sue group behind fetal tissue videos

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 14, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep, universities seed clouds with racism drops and rain it down across the land.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Read better. Get more degrees. They're useful.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Get more personal. It means you're winning.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You sneaky bastard; you are just trying to throw us off the airplane chemtrails.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Once again, that's your opinion.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Read better. That means you're losing. Conceptually, that's foreign to non competitive egghead types, but you should familiarize yourself.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

So racism is evil but terminating life for (most usually) no other reason than that it's an inconvenience ISN'T evil.... Gotcha.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's her decision.

Why do you get to say she can or cannot abort the baby?

I think abortion as birth control is awful, but my feelings towards it shouldn't matter to the legality of it

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Describing a 9 1/2 month life altering/ physical changing pregnancy as "inconvenience" is debatable.

Is it your position that abortion is evil?

10. Savage Orange

She's making the decision for (at least) two people...

The law is the law, but that doesn't make it right and the law can be changed. Racial purity laws in Nazi Germany (a legally elected government, btw...) resulted in genocide, but it was the law...

11. Savage Orange

People sure don't mind having it done for no other reason than that a child would be an unreasonable burden on them, so that is tantamount to inconvenience...

I think I see where you're going here but I'll answer anyway... Yes, for the reason(s) mentioned, I believe abortion to be evil.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I just can't get past the fact that we've reached a point where it's a "right" to have sex without facing the consequences of having sex*.

*-I'm willing to talk when rape and medical issues arise.

13. Savage Orange

All this being said, (and I realize the audience here is mostly male) has anyone else noticed that the loudest voices on either side of the abortion issue belong to those who are physically unable to HAVE one?

14. Savage Orange

Pretty much my thoughts... The rape/medical issue canard is (imo) a straw man setup to deflect the debate from the fact that the vast, VAST majority of abortions are performed as birth control.

15. CardinalVol

They are also usually the ones who are the biggest pushers for the woman to get one, at least in my experience. That goes back to the whole not willing to taek responsibility culture that is pervasive in America too. Could rail about that for days.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The two aren't equal.

If a woman can live with herself, using abortion as birth control, that's her burden to bear.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too

18. Savage Orange

I used to be of the opinion that if you are against abortion, don't have one.... Until I had a conversation with a young man whose girlfriend had an abortion despite his vehement opposition... Her words were "it's my body and my choice". She gave not one shit that she was electing to terminate the life of a child that would have been HIS child too... It kind of changed the way I think about it and thank God I've never been in the position this guy is in. Years later he still is dealing with the fallout.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

1) Also Debatable

2) Abortion was illegal resulting in death and mutilation; then is was made legal. We don't need to go backwards (using your example of racial purity laws in Nazi Germany).

20. CardinalVol

To some extent, it all stems from that for me.