Planning to move back to East Tennessee...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Savage Orange, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

True, but Mrs. Winners? Maybe you have better cooks where you are but the one here was awful. It burned to the ground a few years ago and no lie, the fire trucks took their sweet time about getting there... by the time they arrived the place was already too far gone to be saved. If it had been Chick Fil A they’d have gotten there in three minutes.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Best fried chicken in town is at a gas station here

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Same for Charlotte

4. cpninja

cpninja Member

There is a Food City about 5 minutes from my house that has really good fried chicken. Not better than Popeye's or the homemade stuff, but it's miles ahead of KFC. Just get there when its fresh, take it home and throw some cayenne pepper on it and its damn good for the price

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Publix fried chicken is some of the best there is.

kmf600 likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yes it is. Grab some Hawaiian rolls for little chik sammiches

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

There's a thing down here that says you haven't visited Miami unless you've had a publix chicken tender sub.

8. RockyHill

Ate them suckers every day for lunch when I had a beach bum job the summer after I finished school.

Edit: I think I’d have lost 40 pounds working in the Florida sun all summer if I hadn’t lived on pub subs, Whataburger and beer.

kmf600 likes this.
  9. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

So it's looking like I'll be moving entire family in tow back to Knoxville within the next month. We're looking at building in short order as well.

Anyone recommend a good builder? We're not looking for an ostentatious home, we just don't want to get scammed and end up with foundation problems, drafty house and a leaky roof.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i know nothing of knoxville, but i know here building costs are through the roof and any good contractors are booked for months and charging like they are booked for months.

11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Yeah, I got 2 estimates back that were clearly pricing me out. I got another that was realistic. The price out builders were expected as the builder has a "client concierge". The blue-collar builders said they're busy but fitting us in wouldn't be too bad.

I have a friend who is currently building in Northern Virginia and is paying almost $300/sqft for it.

droski likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Avoid that Groves asshole at all costs

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think I’d be looking to buy a house instead of building a house if I were you.

Will get more bang for your buck too.

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Eh, we own the property. It's about 2 acres in an excellent area and is waterfront. Much better for us than being crammed in on .2-.4 acres.

Plus the prices are inflated right now unless you buy a brand new house from a national builder like DR Horton.

15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Yeah, I pinged Groves about this. He's pointed me in a couple of good directions.

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

If you get the chance, try some Food City fried chicken. It's the best I've ever had.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I stay in the middle part of the state

18. RockyHill

Shit those things are inflated too for what you’re getting.

19. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Yeah, they're not bad for a starter home. But I wouldn't want to try to sell one in 10 years if it's a buyers market.