Playstation 5 / Xbox Series X and S, or just man up and get a PC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

For those of you who have bought, how are you liking it? What system did you move from, and which system did you purchase?

Also, with the way prices on these things have risen, I'm starting to wonder why anyone would buy a video game console over a PC for gaming. Most of my friends who still game have made the switch to PC.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

For me, I'm holding off on upgrading. I upgraded to the Xbox One X not too long ago, and it's difficult for me to see a true need to upgrade this early in the process. Seems like a better call to let them work the bugs out and make the switch once prices drop a bit.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Picked up the PS5 on Thursday morning and upgraded from my PS4 that I've had since launch. I've not had a chance to really get into an actual PS5 title yet other than Astro's Playroom, which was a lot of fun. I'll be picking up Demon's Souls either today or tomorrow so I'll really be able to get a feel for the system.

The DualSense controller is really good, though the adaptive triggers are annoying for shooters but I can't wait to try them on a Gran Turismo type game.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Nerds

utvol0427 likes this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So, do you need a connection to the internet to do pretty much anything with the new PlayStation à la the Xbox One?

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I’ll probably get one in 1.5-2 years from now. I haven’t played a game since RD2 though and that took me a few months to beat.

I might get Cyberpunk.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Try the Witcher, if you haven’t already. Same people who are making Cyberpunk made Witcher.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

That’s a game that has peaked my interest too. Eventually.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

There were some minor bugs that have already been taken care of in the new update for PS5 that were slightly annoying (couldn't download some PS4 games because of a download queue error), but since I am playing the new shit right now they weren't that big of a deal

Performance wise it's fantastic. Miles Morales looks unreal with raytracing on and still great in the higher FPS graphics option.

Controller is killer on multiple fronts, and the feedback/vibration is some of the best I've experienced.

The 3D Headphones are actually really nice too but I don't know that I can give you a full rundown on those yet as I haven't used them a ton yet.

One big thing. The load times, at least on Demons Souls and Miles Morales, are shockingly good

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Where can I order a PS5? son just dropped that on me for christmas wish list.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'll sell you mine for $3,000.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He'll sell you his for $25 and bucket of gas station fried chicken.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

So 15 handjobs?

deal.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Your best bet is probably to set up alerts with various retailers and hope you can get one when they are in stock. They are gonna be a [itch bay] to find until after Christmas. If you luck out and see one in the store or on Amazon or something, grab it immediately or it will be gone.

I 100% lucked out with my preorder, as I missed the initial wave and then just happened to get one in the second wave from Target.

NYY likes this.
  16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, I mentioned in the other thread how much fun I'm having with Demons Souls and I'll say it here. It's one of the harder games I've played, but as infuriating as it can get, it always makes me want to get better. I've lost count on how many times I've died, but every time I do I learn something.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I had a lot of fun with that game on the original release. I finally figured out that my play style was best suited with a two-handed halberd, all offense, no defense, lots of rolls.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Why don’t stores let you put in an order and then they just ship it when it comes in, and just queue em up?

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Early Black Friday deals!