Playstation 5 / Xbox Series X and S, or just man up and get a PC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Nov 16, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

in addition to what emain said, something I noticed with the nintendo minis is that things tend to update as in stock at midnight Pacific Time, 3:00 Eastern. Once I noticed this, I would wake up at 2:55, try to snag one, and go back to bed at 3:01.

You can probably figure out a day pattern as well. If you set up alerts, you can see if such a time/day pattern seems to exist for restocking these.

NYY likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If they did, they don't get to see the fist fights.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Good call there. My gut tells me there will be some hitting right before Black Friday. I've got a couple students helping as well that understand the whole GameStop scene better than I do.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

With GameStop, it's more about waiting for the right trade in deals. They paid me to get my Xbox One X after I traded them my old Xbox One (that I wasn't using) and my year old Xbox One S.

I had my first temptation for the new systems yesterday when I saw they'd give me $175 for my Xbox One X. At some point, they're going to issue a bigger offer for trading an Xbox One X towards the purchase of a new system, and it may be enough for me to pounce.

NYY likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's how I got mine on release day. Got on Target at 3:00 AM, had one ordered by 3:15 from one of my local stores.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is the PS5 as ugly as it looks in pictures?

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It's not bad, just really big.

I've got mine standing vertical on the TV stand beside the TV and it hasn't caused my wife to tell me to move it, so it can't be too ugly.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

"It's our new high speed modem. It has to be out in the open so it can push the best signal through the house."

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

They will be available on Walmart.com at 3 PM tomorrow, though you've probably got a snowball's chance in hell of landing one.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Make sure you are signed in with payment information saved if you go that route. Or really any online retailer

IP and NYY like this.
  11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I've got it set up on walmart just waiting.

Also, if any of you cucks stumble on one, I can venmo or whatever else to you. My son literally never asks for anything for christmas, have to damn make him tell me what he wants. My daughter on the other hand has had her list started since Dec. 26th last year.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Anybody looking for a Switch for Christmas? Got one last year. Played 5 times. Couple games included...

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

God. Dammit.

site went bananas as I was checking out.
    [uck fay].

14. NorrisAlan

Give them a cardboard cutout of one that says "When Daddy can [uck fay]ing Get One Off of the [uck fay]ing Internet" on the back.

IP likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

a box full of IOUs for the console and some games. "it's as good as cash!"

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Zlatan Ibrahimovich bought one for every teammate who wanted one, so there they all are

17. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Probably on the after market.

I tried getting an Xbox today at 3pm. Was able to at least get to the place order stage whereas last time I couldn’t get past the cart. I was lucky enough to snag a ps5 digital on release day on Amazon.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Which games and how much?

19. NorrisAlan

Leisure Suit Larry 1-3 and Leisure Suit Larry: Viva Las Vegas

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

@NYYVol I was talking to the wife who also has experience snagging these sort of limited supply high demand xmas items. she was saying that sometimes you can find less popular retailers online where you are only competing against thousands instead of millions. I think this advice is a bit dated because even 5 years ago there were more medium or small sized online retailers, but I pass it on as a potential strategy to do in addition to walmart.

come to think of it, even just looking to do the walmart strategy with target or some other not as huge retailer may increase your odds

NYY likes this.