Playstation 5 / Xbox Series X and S, or just man up and get a PC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I will take pics and PM you. How much is a new one?

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Going for $100 new. I'd say $75 is a fair price for InV.

InVolNerable likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

maybe I am misunderstanding but a switch retails for more than 100 bucks. much more.

4. Ssmiff

Only found one game but i know my other son has some more somewhere. You wont sniff the Galaga High score. I think i was the only one who played the game.

Attached Files:

5. Ssmiff

Attached Files:

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

A different product for sure, but I had success using this approach when looking for a USB video mixer for the church back after the lockdown came into force. I wound up finding the model we wanted online at a shop in Berlin that had a meager web presence. It still took me weeks to find one. These things went like hotcakes at the start of COVID to the point they were selling for almost double on eBay from shady retailers.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Obviously a bit more than $100 with taxes and what not.

8. Ssmiff

Attached Files:

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/sonyps5/

Keep an eye on this too, and you can sign up for a free account for browser alerts.

There are also add-ons for Chrome (specificallt Distill.io) that will alert you but it's a little more involved and you'd want to include less popular retailers (BHPhoto and the like) as the bots will probably beat you to Walmart and Amazon stock.

NYY likes this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Apparently I'm not very good at Demon's Souls.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Is anyone on here leaning Xbox over PS5?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have never been a PS person. Always preferred Xbox over PS, and PC over Xbox.

I think Xbox is in serious trouble. Were I in the market for a console, I would think PS5 is the clear choice.

chavisut likes this.
  13. chavisut

Any particular reasons? Haven’t read up on either systems much. I’ve always been a PS guy, mostly because of preferred exclusives.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

With the recent Microsoft acquisitions I'd think PS is in trouble, and I'm a big PS guy. 3rd party exclusives are all but dead, so it's gonna come down to first party games, and Microsoft has been on a buying spree.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

hadn't heard about this

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ve always leaned Xbox over PS, though I’m not really sure why. I think it’s a mixture of Halo from my childhood and what all of my friends used to play.

But now Halo kinda sucks, and most of my friends that still game have moved to PC. I’d probably be better off just moving to PC myself, but it seems like a hassle.

I did buy a PS4 a few years into the last cycle and enjoyed a number of the exclusives.

17. chavisut

Bethesda worries me. Indications are they’ll still be on PS but still.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

All the new games coming out are starting to launch on PC along consoles day one. Even the Xbox and PS exclusives are just exclusive on console only; they're still available on PC at launch. I personally don't see the draw to the consoles any longer.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was Xbox, then I got a ps3 for mlb the show, then went ps4 after that. Probably go Ps5 eventually. Idk why.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ll have to have which ever one does ES6

chavisut likes this.