POLITICS Polls

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 18, 2019.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I wouldn't qualify for an "absentee" ballot.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think that’s something they should change then.

I think anyone this year should be able to file for an absentee ballot.

I just don’t think they should be massed mailed out to everyone

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who gets to decide if my signatures match, and what is my recourse if they are wrong? I have a RIGHT to vote, and I don't give a shit what you or anyone else thinks about my [uck fay]ing handwriting.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I have a RIGHT to own a gun. But I still have to do a federal background check.

I guess not all rights are equal.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can still own a gun if there is some error or problem in a background check, but my vote will never be counted. No one will come and take the gun you have, and there is not a limited "gun buying day" that only comes around once every 2 to 4 years. And matching signatures is a pseudoscience, that could be spoofed with an auto-pen or falsely found to mismatch despite coming from the same hand.

Are you not willing to protect our right to vote?

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Requiring a signature and having it reviewed, plus objected to by a possibly vested party, is dangerously close to the type of tests the registrars used to do and were banned by the Voting Rights Act.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I am.

I think we should have a national Voter ID card, so no one fraudulently votes for anyone else.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

And how will you ensure that everyone gets to exercise their right to vote with that? What if someone loses it? Or has it stolen? What if the scary black panther people Voldad mentioned just start confiscating cards? What you describe makes the right to vote tied to an object, rather than a person.