Portable FM Radio in Stadium

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Nannerpuss, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Nannerpuss

Nannerpuss Member

As loud as Neyland will be Saturday is there any point in buying a little FM pocket radio with some cheapo noise canceling headphones? I don’t want to lug the thing around if I won’t be able to hear Kesling. Oh and also, is there any kind of audio delay on FM like there is on TV that would mess up the live play-by-play? Anyone have experience with this?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

There will be a small delay. I can tell you that. But not as large as tv.

3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I'd consider it if John Ward was still calling it.

Old guy that sat next to us (when I was not old) always had his small transistor and old school wired ear buds listening to John, every game.

Nannerpuss likes this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You intentionally want to hear Kesling?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Masochism is a real problem.

6. Nannerpuss

Nannerpuss Member

Ah that's about what I figured, thanks. As fast as the offense moves I think I'm going to skip the radio then. If it's not perfectly synced I think I'll get annoyed pretty quickly.

7. Nannerpuss

Nannerpuss Member

Let me tell you guys. Sitting in the endzone during Akron, I realized I was having trouble seeing the far end of the field, the new jumbotron, and the small monitors under the overhang.

On top of that, my doctor called me middle aged last week… the first time anyone's ever called me that. It was a real kick in the pants so I figured I might as well go all out and let Bob go ahead and take my hearing out.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don’t think anyone has asked this question in over 23 years

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If I’m sitting by myself, I take a handheld radio. No issues getting it in to the stadium, no issues hearing with your standard issue run if the mill wired earbuds and no issues with a delay.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Get you a pair of the official archie manning yellow headset.

Cannot easily find a picture or I'd post it

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I cannot imagine being a big enough nannerpuss to plan ahead a week to carry a radio to listen to Kesling.
    This is what is wrong with this Country. Nothing else.

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The small wired earbuds are ok, as well as the small radio, as far as ok items to bring in. The headsets are (or at least were) on the prohibited items list last I checked.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, it is the radio users. Take another gummy, big guy.

14. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I don't know why this thread or some thought I had while reading it made me think of this but I miss Leonard's Losers. I have some kind of nostalgia/memories of being a kid on Saturday mornings and loving to hear these segments.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Lehnud's Losah......

Florida.

16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hey does anyone know if they will let me bring in a jam box on my shoulder? I’d really like to listen to Kesling during the game while sitting in my seat watching.

18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

At about 46, I told the eye doc ... "I'm getting where I am having trouble seeing the golf ball as it travels down the fairway after I hit it off the tee. Either I am hitting the ball a lot farther than I used to or my eyesight is going bad. I think it is the latter." After my eye exam, I asked, "So which is it?" He responded, "The latter."