Positives about this Weekend

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorrisAlan, Oct 17, 2016.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Should our backups be better than Western Kentucky's first teamers? I'd hope so & WKU more than doubled our offensive output.

There's no defending our offense and its scheme's level of awfulness.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

WKU has a real coach.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Only positive was the Titans beat the Browns. Not sure I could have handled losing to them three years in a row.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm not defending it. I'm saying botching Oklahoma and Florida last year is more exposing of Butch than getting the hell beat out of you by Alabama when your team's beat all to hell.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't agree because I think game day decisions -which are definitely what got us beat in those 2 games- pale in comparison in importance to developing talent, overall scheme, and having a disciplined team. Team is clearly worse this year than last (even before injuries) with every reason in the world to be better. We lose to Bama with all the injuries is one thing and, honestly, easily understandable. But to be dominated to the tune of 100 yards in a game where a determined Bama could ahve scored 70 (it wasn't like a bunch of turnovers got us beat) shows Butch's incompetencies better than anything.

6. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I don't understand how you can definitively state the 2016 team is worse than the 2015. Had anybody here stated the 2015 team was better pre-Bama beatdown, you'd have been laughed at.

So many people clamored about how moral victories don't exist after the 4th close loss last season, yet here we are prescribing a 4-loss team better than the 5-2 team simply because they didn't lose as badly in one game. The shitty playcalling, OL, sporadic QB play, etc. all existed in 2015, too.

7. JayVols

Ummm. I've been pretty darn consistent ever since Butch stepped foot onto Haslam's plane. Haha

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't know that anyone is calling this team any worse than last year, just that there is zero improvement. Look at it like this, Botch's tenure is a giant toilet full of shit. The 2015 team was it's own unique turd. The 2016 team is also it's own unique turd. Both are special and smell of poo in their own ways, but at the end of the day they are both shit.

9. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

What I was responding to.

10. JayVols

Jones is apparently the only one that can't smell it.

But you know what they say, "Everyone likes their own brand."

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wouldn't have laughed at the 2015 over 2016 suggestion. I don't think this is the first time it's been mentioned.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That mother****er bathes in his own brand.

13. JayVols

Haha

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I got no quarrel with Verne.

15. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I would take the 2015 team over 2016, solely due to injuries.

16. kidbourbon

I think the 2015 team was better at the end of the season than this team is now. Granted, the solid performances were coming against bad teams, but that team was definitely clicking at the end. I wish we would have had a stronger bowl opponent.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don't either, but to me Verne better at The Masters than SEC Saturdays.

18. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

With all the injuries and the inupt coaching I could see us losing another game.

19. kidbourbon

Gary D does the heavy lifting. Verne just supplies the voice. And his voice is still good, though I'm not sure whether that's common or uncommon.*

*It seems intuitive that one's voice would get worse with advancing age, but, observationally, Verne and Vin's are both still good.

20. kidbourbon

Which one?