Post-Florida thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Defending the screen is all about discipline.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I can buy that.

I like the guy. My favorite coach at UT in a long time.

3. JayVols

Do your job. Don't try to do everyone else's. As a DL, if you are running free all of a sudden, there's a reason for that. Recognize it, plant the foot & redirect.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yep. He's been badass thus far.

D has been lock down in the second half all year.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well he or someone said something, because it was night and day in terms of them recognizing it.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Lotta folks in that section waiving bye to UF fans as they filed out early

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Love it.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Good defenses and good coordinators give up a screen play once. Everyone gets a screw up. Happens more than once and you have failed miserably.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm just glad I won't be randomly gator-chomped while wearing orange for the next year, as I have been many times this past decade.

10. JayVols

Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the opposing OC and say, "Good call".

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Also, many down and distances it's good to remind the D in a play call that a screen is possible. It's easy to say if you get through easy to plant and turn back. But that's hard to do if screen isn't in your mind.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like you're calling out my NCAA Football xbox skills.Rb screens. So easy to defend, so easy to forget.

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

That's been what, 2008? A long time. Not gonna quibble. Point is that Barnett has been a great player and deserves all the $$ and credit.

14. TDVol1989

Reminds me of high speed motorcycle racers. He gets it so low (darn near parallel to the ground) and keeps incredible balance.

15. TDVol1989

It's almost like his plan is just throw out some crap and see what you do...then make a plan. But, 4-0 so it beats 3rd and Chavis.

16. TDVol1989

My take is that they are hoping the vanilla works and mistakes are minimalized. Let's face it, maybe Dobbs best passing day ever, but 2 picks. Butch fears losing more than he loves winning.

17. TDVol1989

You just made me cry. I have never understood why this is not obvious. It is like watching a wreck in slo mo.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not arguing, just saying that's the last high draft pick Tennessee has produced. CP went round one too, forgot about him

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Rope a dope. He let's you play all your cards, then he says **** you

20. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

Did Ju'Waun James go first round?