Post-Florida thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep, he did.

2. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Hell yes.

3. RevBubbaFlavel

I have no idea what you are talking about except that jumper looked better than I have ever seen him. So I agree

4. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Jumper had a good game, but I think the Gator scheme helped that out. GA may not be too much different.

I sure hope Kirkland is back at A&M though, bc I think that is a terrible matchup for CJ.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

A gaps are between center & guards.
    B gaps are guard/tackle
    C gap tackle/TE

In other words, he played inside the tackle box for the most part. He wasn't trying to defend on the outside or in wide open spaces.

6. RevBubbaFlavel

makes sense, because i always thought dude was slower than christmas. but i would buy him a beer or two right now. he deserves it.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

One of the 26 first round offensive lineman the Dolphins have picked.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Something that hasn't been mentioned I thought helped a lot was Callaway hurting his quad. He couldn't beat us deep anymore and changed everything.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Jumper love is crazy. Watch some of that. He made those two plays, but he couldn't make a freaking tackle when it mattered. FL RB, already slowed by 2 others, knocked him back into the endzone. Guy couldn't tackle anyone.

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Scarlett was running through everyone early.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Because our LBs couldn't make any plays. JRM was clearly hurt and Jumper simply can't tackle. You can't have LBs that can't play at all.

I have no idea how McDowell can't get on the field. It's the same stupidity we've seen historically. The best player isn't on the field. Jack Jones was on the bench this year. Jumper started last year. Our DTs didn't see the field last year. Worley started in this retarded offense over a guy who can run it.

I just watched the first half again and the problem was ends crashing down immediately and no LBs to help. Can't get an Lb there and the DBs are too easy to block. Jumper never got there and couldn't tackle when he did. If you're only going to use 2 LBs, they better be fast and be able to tackle.

12. GahLee

He also got lost on their first touchdown. Looks like the TE was his responsibility.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm not trying to beat on him, but he simply can't play at this level. No chance st his size with his speed. McDowell can at least make some of the plays. Bituli could make some of them. Jumper really can't make any. If he is truly making good reads, he really can't play at all.

14. GahLee

Play design baffles me. 4th and goal and we run a play we've run a million times, Kamara in motion to the strong side and sprint out/rub route to the flat. Meanwhile, if Josh Smith, who was inside slot, just squats after 5 yards he is wide open. Instead it's basically just a one read throw. Makes zero sense to run that look and not have that option or a throwback in the other direction.

15. GahLee

He's outclassed from an athletic standpoint. It is what it is.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yeah, they got ripped early stunting. He got exposed on the screen blitzing a few times in the first half but that got fixed which is what good coaches do.

Got to do a better job early on.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

James was 19th, Patterson 29th, Berry 5th, and Dan Williams 26th. Those are all of the Vols picked in the 1st since '10, which is ****ing criminal in itself.

For comparison, we had 3 first rounders in each of the 1991, 1998, and 2002 drafts.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Maybe if he had a staff QB coach instead of a classmate

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So if we win next week, we are all but guaranteed a trip to Atlanta, right? Even if we lose to A&M and Bama, you gotta think Florida will lose to at least one of LSU and Arkansas. We beat UGA and take care of business against the garbage of the east, and we are there.

20. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

So,you're saying Georgia is a "must win"? Ridiculous. No such thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk