Post-Florida thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Saw a pic of Butch and his son after the game. I didn't realize he was on the team. Kid is 5'5, 139 lbs. Smallest UT player ever?

Edit: I meant modern times. I'm sure if you go back far enough it wouldn't be uncommon.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know that 5'5 would have been common ever in the sport. I could be wrong though. I know guys were a little shorter in the decades preceding contemporary history, but I would think the median would still have been 5'9 or 5'10, whereas now it is probably 6'2. Especially since it was all running and blocking.

3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I still can't believe we pulled that shit out. Hopefully this is a big wave that we can ride all the way to Atlanta.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

TAMU looked stout in the second half last night. Bama is Bama. Other than that, we have to be the favorites from here on.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It would help.

6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Too bad butch is still a vagina and he may start bleeding the closer we get to the prize. In other words, dropping a game to someone like missouri or something where we blow our chances getting to the SECCG.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

That A&M qb will run all over us if Jumper is still manning the middle when we head down there.

8. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Yea that game should be a high scoring affair. AM will expose the injuries on that side of the ball.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't mention his pass deflection / almost pick 6.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes. Tennessee has went to the seccg the last 3 times its beaten Florida

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe he broke his finger on that play

13. RockyHill

Re-watched all the offensive snaps, noticed Kamara straight up manhandled a DE in pass pro. He's a stud, wish we had a real OC so he had more chances to show it.

14. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Don't bet on it. I could see Florida winning the rest of their sec games. Their schedule is garbage. GA,LSU and at Arky.

15. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Does Tennessee win the East and SEC title game?
    Will Tennessee be a playoff team?

Let's talk about it.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

East, yes.

17. RockyHill

We should win the East. I think we could win the SECCG, but I don't think we could beat Bama twice in a row.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Florida isn't winning out in-conference with offense. They'll lose 2, minimum.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

East, yes.

I doubt anything else

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Orgeron will beat them