Post Spring Thoughts/Takes

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by ptclaus98, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Imagine having Alvin Kamara and JJ Watt as two guys you coached, but not having any idea how to use them. I'm going to start getting angry again, thinking of his dumb ass.

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I have heard this every time Florida has made a coaching change this millennium. Maybe one day it will be true?

3. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Tennessee beating Florida and them taking a minute to recover don’t necessarily go hand and hand.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee employed Dooley and Butch

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

How long until Arkansas State figures out how to get rid of him? I don't think he lasts more than 3 years.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

He thought Watt was a Tight End… and then he thought he was an offensive tackle

InVolNerable and justingroves like this.
  7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He'll get comfortable and begin getting loaded before his evening commute.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Throw a dead body in his office

IP likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The Pitt game is going to be a huge reality check and indicator of where we are. They are still going to be a 7-9 win team this year. If we can go in there and take care of business we will have all the reason in the world to start dreaming big.

Tar Volon, chavisut and IP like this.
  10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am optimistic since Pickett will not be under center.

CardinalVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah, they are still strong in the trenches and at RB, but we can hit them over the top if we can manage to protect. All about whether we have the DL that we think we should. If those guys take over we will win, and this season could be special.

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

True, but honestly Slovis isn't much worse than Pickett was this time last year. And Patti honestly might be better than Slovis, certainly played better in their spring game. But our offense now knows what it must be, and our DL should be the leaders of the defense, even more so than last year. I'm concerned with depth at LB but the ones at the top of the pile should be improved. It's the secondary that scares me, as I mentioned in the OP. It looks like we might get some help soon through the portal, but we need Turnage and Hadden to improve and overtake Burrell.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Didn't Pitt also lose their star wide receiver?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

They seem to be in the process of doing so, ya. Rumor is he is going to transfer to USC.

Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Last year we caught Pitt at their peak and we were struggling to play the new system. I think this game will look totally different.

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We weren't clicking offensively at that point but we executed well defensively. The difference was that Pickett was nothing short of phenomenal from the second quarter on.

Imo there's no shame in dropping that one. A lot of growth came out of that afternoon.

17. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Pitt got a big time QB transfer. Think he’s a former 5 star but can’t remember. He may be a bust though.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pickett was a multi-year starter. We will see I guess.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If Hooker had been the starter then we would have Won. Milton was horrible.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

... and only QB drafted in the first round.

Memtownvol likes this.