Post TAMU musings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 8, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think that's why you blitz.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was pissed he didn't

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Yes but we are horrendous on short yardage.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Nearly jizzed himself getting to decline something.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not on that D.

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I think the sooner Guarantano the better.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

There were many opportunities to win that game. Which is frustrating. But we knew at the start of this season that a team coached by Butch has a ceiling.

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Maybe Butch will take his talents to East Lansing.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I was incredibly proud and pleased with how well and hard the team continued to play. Whatever the many and justified criticisms are out there, this team doesn't quit.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Or Alpha Centauri

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They are bad. Alabama may put 70 on them

12. Tenacious D

Josh Malone is the softest player I've ever seen wear a Tennessee jersey, including all kickers.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Should have accepted the offsides and went for 2 in regulation. To hell with playing for OT in College Station with a gassed defense and half our team out with injuries. I like our chances to pick up 1.5 yards to put us ahead with 40 seconds to go.

14. Tenacious D

Georgia would beat ATM by 21. Easy.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And we have a qb play made for that 1.5 yards. We don't call it right, but have it. Plo

16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Dobbs made some great plays. But, he made some disastrous plays. That's not Saban's strategy. We fumbled too much, but found ourselves with a shot. The throw by Dobbs was ill advised. Wolf wasn't open and he didn't seem to even try to make a play. My only fault with coaching is our offense in OT. We seemed to have them on the ropes with no back and then just Kamara. We start games way too sloppy. Shouldn't have lost. We may beat FL and UGA and still not get to Atlanta.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Kamara had 300 yards of offense, can we give him a shot in the 2nd ot before we throw a pass Dobbs can't complete?

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Also, can we teach these kids how to tackle, please?

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think conventional thinking is that you go for two on the road. After the penalty, I think most would have.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, this team busts their ass while dealing with a complete goof as a head coach. They will make every team they play play 60 minutes.

They are an extremely talented team that's winning because they fight tooth and nail. I don't like the staff, but I will always enjoy this team.