Post TAMU musings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 8, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Supposedly he's got a hamstring bothering him, but they've stopped rotating wrs except for Byrd and Smith. He had a catch against Georgia and Brandon Johnson had one today

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Probably the same place Kamara has been for most of the season.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Agree. Seems like he's been there 10 years too.

4. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

I'm curious to know how many yards the Josh Smith bubble screen has netted this year. It has to be negative I would think. Hard to think of any time he actually got positive yards.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

How the **** do we lose that game after God gifts us the fumble out of the endzone and that missed field goal?

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Alvin Kamara (@Vol_Football): only Power 5 player with 150 receiving yards and 125 rushing yards in the same game in the last 20 seasons

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I wish we gave him the opportunity to have 25 more at the end of the game.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Let me educate you on that..

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Game was almost five hours long. NCAA needs to change some of their clock rules in a bad way.

I konw there were some injury delays, but good lord.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Played like a man in comparison today.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

11. ziv1173

ziv1173 Member

Hard to be angry. But hard to not be angry as well. Ugh.

Two ways to look at it, I guess.

We make too many dumbass stupid mistakes and we flat out suck at times because of it. But, despite all that, this team refuses to give up or be denied, and it's damn hard to not be proud of their effort.

If we don't turn the ball over, even half as much, we win. Sucks to lose because of dumb mistakes like that. But we HAVE to get it fixed, it's not acceptable.

But damn I feel for our players. This team is beaten to hell. What team could have lost all the players we had EVEN BEFORE THIS GAME STARTED, then lose so many more during, commit 7 turnovers, and still be in the game? The fight and resiliency from this team is unreal. Whatever/whoever is responsible for it... kudos.

At the end of the day, we didn't execute in this game. We haven't executed in others, but we managed to get away with it. I honestly don't know what to feel about it. In some ways it's amazing we can play so poorly and still win or have a chance to win, but on the other hand ....good teams execute. If we fail to, so consistently, we must not be.

Just a crappy way to lose all around. The injuries sucked, the refs sucked, we sucked, A&M sucked, the repeated gut punches sucked, to come back and come to close to pulling it out, but couldn't, sucks. Which sucks.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The officiating was God awful. Both teams have a legit gripe there

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

aTm had that game won at least 3 different times, only to see it pissed away.

Welcome to Chavis, mother****ers.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  14. cotton

7 to and 12 penalties

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I used to get so mad at him.

16. cotton

While your at it,id like to know stats on the fastball horseshit after a big play. It's the best thing I've seen for turning 1st and 10 into 2nd and 9, or alternately, 1st and 15.

17. cotton

After the penalty? Absolutely. Why decline the penalty, other than to tell everybody in the stadium you are a Trump finger hole?

18. Volalum

Volalum Member

Butch....

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

we have bigger. That first half felt completely rigged.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The horseshit call on Jennings that, at first was called on Garrett, was just piss poor all the way around.

It was a bad call, then the the blunder of moving the ball then having to move it back is just inexcusable.