Post TAMU musings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 8, 2016.

1. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

We are a very talented but very poorly coached team. So sad. This team should be blowing these guys off the field with good coaching. There is no reason all these games should have been so close except for the fact that they are a poorly coached team. That being said, damn they fight and scrap their ass off.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like Chavis, but I'm glad he's no longer in Knoxville

3. cpninja

cpninja Member

this team is nothing if not entertaining

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yup

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If Butch really had a chart, it would say, "At home, play for the tie, go to OT. If in OT, play for the tie to extend the OT. If on the road, go for the win in regulation & OT."

If we can't get 1.5 yards, we don't deserve to win.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Butch plays for the close loss so he can brag about not getting blown out.

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Nothing was worse than overturning Kelly's int on replay. Absolutely criminal. No way to tell if it was hand or ground under the ball. I thought it looked like he got his hand under it. Definitely not conclusive.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Pretty easy to say you'd make that call from your couch.

9. GahLee

Tennessee was God damn hosed all game long. Everything they called on us A&M got away with. One of the most horrifically lopsided games I've seen in awhile.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I didn't have a problem with kicking the xp. I wouldn't have had a problem with going for 2 either.

11. GahLee

The entire game felt that way. The party of people I watched with were in disbelief.

12. JayVols

Not saying that. I'm saying that's what real charts say.

13. JayVols

Easy to say that sitting on your couch & as a fan of the "offended" team.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'd have rather won it or lost it right there as a coach. One it shows confidence in the team and the defense had been killed by injuries and was barely holding on.

Shoop's defense played one hell of a game considering all of the turn overs.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, at this point the NCAA needs to scrap replay reviews or change the wording of the rules to allow for judgement calls from replay reviews. As it is now, there is no way they should have overturned that call. There was absolutely nothing that clearly showed the ball hitting the ground. It was called a catch on the field and the call should have stood. This was similar to the Dobbs TD against Georgia. I don't think Dobbs scored, but there wasn't a camera angle that definitively showed if he broke the plane at the pylon or whether he went out of bounds so the call stood. Something seriously needs to be fixed with the process.

I still think officials need to be held accountable for their calls. Have them sit up in front of the media and answer for the calls they do or do not make during the game. If 18 year old kids are subjected to the media after games, no reason officials that are getting paid shouldn't as well.
    Normally, I'm the last person in the world that pulls the officiating card, but yesterday was as bad as I can ever remember.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The Todd Kelly pick was definitely incomplete. I'm as big of a homer as anybody here, but that ball for sure hit the ground.

It was a hell of a play and a great effort regardless.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

And the situation didn't warrant it. Twice we would have had 1st and 10 if we fell on it.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Agree

19. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

This. After coming back from that far down and the improbable fumble through the endzone, I was fine with OT. But wouldn't have blamed Butch for going for it being about a yard out either.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agree