Post TAMU musings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Most don't dig into a 45-38 2 OT game to see why it was that way. "It was a great game, both teams must be great."

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was a terrible game. Tennessee continued to turn the ball over, TAMU was a disorganized mess on both sides of the ball and the refs made sure a flag was thrown every 3rd play

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Swain's cohost is kind of an idiot anyway, no offense to him

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He also referenced some site that evidently rates each player each game and gives them a pro potential grade based on that. Colton Jumper had the highest score of anybody on either team, so obviously it's a really reliable source of information.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

20 years ago, he's a fine MLB

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Also a different OT game and a Hail Mary from being 3-3.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"We've got Barnett Island now" - LaTroy Lewis on Barnett dropping into coverage

8. Beechervol

He's fun to watch. He's in that group of best defensive players at UT since I have been watching.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Weird how those kind of figures don't get mentioned in the negative very often. Recovering a fumble in the end zone in over time to win was damn fortunate. Hail Mary was obviously not a high percentage play.

I fear that if we keep putting ourselves in these late game situations, the breaks will even back out. Like the fumbles have started to.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When he threw the TAMU player into his punter, I laughed a lot.

11. Beechervol

Their punter being a pansy made it even more funny.

12. Beechervol

Sooner or later that ball is not gonna bounce back toward you when you drop it.