Post UF Game Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by PilotFlyingJ, Sep 25, 2021.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

People seem to be caring a lot more about this game than they claimed they were capable of and that's fantastic. This team plays with the fury of the fanbase and that's fantastic. The only thing that isn't fantastic is the road ahead for this staff if they cannot begin recruiting. In the words of our patron saint Hatvol96, "any coach that's made an effort to recruit at Tennessee has brought in elite talent."

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I don’t worry about recruiting. Anything you miss on the HS trail can be filled via the portal now

lylsmorr likes this.
  3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'm still waiting to see who exactly is injured but I saw enough tonight to believe we beat Mizzou and the chickens the next two weeks.

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Playing ole miss then Bama before a bye isn't ideal

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Two good performances in a row and we’re back on track for this season. We’re going to take some lumps in mid-October, but if we can win the next two, that should be enough to stave off the despair. I bet we’re dogs in CoMo though

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

What about any of this is ideal? Nothing.. but bygod this team is fun to get behind because they have everything against them before the opening whistle and that continues to mount throughout the game. Yet, they refuse to mimic the malaise that we have seen and sometimes show as fans. I truly believe that this thing will be turned around on the effort displayed by these guys.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    TDVol1989, IP and OneForVol like this.
  7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I agree.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I look forward to watching them play. Should be 3-1 and were in the game late in 3rd. We just don't have enough difference makers and guys who can go make a play.

Tar Volon likes this.
  9. Tar Volon

Going to officially guess the line is in the 4-6 range. But we can win if we bring our A game.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I hope Hooker isn't concussed. He's the best option

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

A lot of people used to throw around the "it's on the players to execute" for Dooley, Jones, etc when shitty gameplans were actually what was holding the team back.

Tonight, and all season, "it's on the players to execute" has been the case of why the losses have happened.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Is he trying to summon the kraken @Tenacious D

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It was a killer when Calloway or whoever it was that dropped that 4th down pass.

15. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

That was Callaway.

We may have not won, but it sure as hell would have made it a lot more interesting.

lylsmorr likes this.
  16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's was the biggest crime, but there were more drops that hindered or killed drives

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I think we still lose if JC makes the catch, but I think we would’ve at least gotten the cover for sure…dammit. Why couldn’t Mullen have just taken a knee after getting the 1st and goal?

18. Tar Volon

I mean we were a couple Milton overthrows (or another 30 seconds) from covering anyways. Their ground game took over in the second half, and I figure that would’ve still happened had we cut the lead to 3, but our ground game was reasonably solid, and I expect we would’ve scored again if we were dealing with a 10-point 4th quarter deficit instead of 17.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dang.

20. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

The game plan was good enough for average SEC talent and depth to keep UT in that game. Unfortunately, we don’t have either.

lylsmorr likes this.